Truma Trauma

winks

We’re out for a week or so in Scotland and returning to Carlisle for Friday and our heating has gone fruppney bits up. The water is heating as normal but the heating attempts to start up then drops out within about twenty seconds. For tonight we are at Moffat and have asked about a mobile repair man but the only one suggested has not responded to voicemail or text.

Anyone know of a trusted person I could ask to have a butchers? We are heading up towards Dundee but can take a wee diversion.

Cheers

H

Try M&M Caravan Servicing. 07803419939 They are mobile repairs based in Dumfries. Good luck

I know you will have checked, but is the battery charged enough? I had the same problem in my old Dethleff and it worked once I started the engine.
If your on hookup just ignore me. :cry:

Regards,
Del

I was wondering about that one Del.

It ran ok for an hour yesterday afternoon and it worked fine but I was on a hook up. Any idea what the low voltage limit is likely to be?

Cheers

H

Mine struggles when voltage hits 12.4.
I'd agree with mossypossy, when I had the same problem everything else worked except the heater, started the engine and it was okay.
I struggled at Abingdon this weekend and now we're full time I need to look at investing some money in the 12 volt side of things as I'm running on a single 130 amp AGM battery :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Just got back from Scotland and the same thing happened to us. After 4-5 hours of blown hot air it started to shut down more frequently, then stopped altogether. The battery level dropped from 12.4 to zero instantly but after a half hour of engine running all was well.
I was wondering if there is a fail safe to the battery that shuts it down if it is getting depleted too much? Probably not?

Just got back from Scotland and the same thing happened to us. After 4-5 hours of blown hot air it started to shut down more frequently, then stopped altogether. The battery level dropped from 12.4 to zero instantly but after a half hour of engine running all was well.
I was wondering if there is a fail safe to the battery that shuts it down if it is getting depleted too much? Probably not?
Apparently Truma heaters are voltage sensitive so they will drop out and pick up again.
If charging the battery sorts the problem I'd be suspecting the battery.
It might be worth checking connections for high resistance by the traditional wiggle technique.

Winks was that you at house of Braun today?
Not us Gordon.

We were at the Wallace Monument for the afternoon. Had a blow out on a rear but managed to get off the road at Auchterarder and were only stopped for an hour. Monifieth last night and the V&A today.

Cheers

H

Not us Gordon.

We were at the Wallace Monument for the afternoon. Had a blow out on a rear but managed to get off the road at Auchterarder and were only stopped for an hour. Monifieth last night and the V&A today.

Cheers

H
Hope you enjoy

On C&CC site at Scone tonight. New tyre, Avon with a 116 load index, going on the spare in the morning. Then to Carlisle for a bit of recreational liver assault.

Quite liked Arbroath today but glad we opted to stay at Monifieth having now seen the park up on Inchcape Park.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back