Truma 4e Thermostat.

Alshymer

Hello
Although the water heats well, the heating does not seem to get up to temperature without moving the temperature to around 25degrees and I am wondering if the thermostat might be defective.
Has anyone had this problem or changed a thermostat?
Thanks for any replies.
Regards
Alshymer

Can you calibrate the thermostat? I can’t remember how our Truma 4e worked ( sold the van 5 years ago) but our new van has a thermostat sensor high up near the ceiling and will read higher than the temperature of the interior lower down.

Thanks for your reply.
I think my thermostat is high up if it is a little button shaped thing.
Maybe I need to set the temperature higher but it always seemed ok before.

Hello
Although the water heats well, the heating does not seem to get up to temperature without moving the temperature to around 25degrees and I am wondering if the thermostat might be defective.
Has anyone had this problem or changed a thermostat?
Thanks for any replies.
Regards
Alshymer
Are you sure you actually have a problem? Have you checked with a therometer what the actual temperature is? different people have different ideas about what they like the temperature to be of course, and for me, 25 degrees sounds very plausible and normal (especially bearing in mind that is going to be close to the source of the heat as well I presume?).
right now temp in my sitting room is 23C. heating display also says 23C. and I would like it warmer (underfloor heating takes an age to warm up :( )

On my Alde 3020 system there is an option to offset the temperature. So you can say I have set the target temperature to 19C but I want it to reach what my thermostat thinks is 22c because I believe my thermostat reads 3C too high.

Worth reading the manual to see if yours has an equivalent feature.

Hello
If the heating comes on when you turn the thermostat up, it isn't defective, even though it might be out of calibration.

If it is the circular knob with numbers on, I don't know if there is an easy way to reset the calibration, but it is very easy to add a little pointer to form the new registration marker.

To set that, turn the heating to an achievable temperature, measure the temperature then add a marker that corresponds to that temperature on the knob. Then use that register mark instead of the one at the top.

Job done - at no cost!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back