Travel to France from U.K. and USA

Alshymer

Hi
We live in France and have neighbours that have a holiday home next door.
They are two sisters. One lives in USA and the other in Northern U.K.
They have just arrived today at their home!!
We thought that the current restrictions would not allow this, especially from America.
Obviously there is a serious threat of them passing Covid on to others in this area which is relatively free of cases at present.
I would like comments on whether the situation should have prevented them arriving, how they managed to arrive without being picked up in checks and what people would do about it if it were against the law.
I am not usually a busy body but think this situation quite serious.
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Alshymer

They may have special circumstances. Are they isolating as in quarantine?

I suppose it could be possible that they have been in France for a while and have only just arrived where you are.

Takes a few days for symptons to show anyway so traveller thermo checks are probably a waste of time if they have come into contact with someone who has anything

Might make a difference where she came from in uk
those in Tier 4 areas in England will not be permitted to travel abroad a

1) I would give them a wide berth (but then I am giving everyone a wide berth!)
2) I would not be against ensuring the authorities take whatever steps are needed to make sure those two people are following the local rules. Nothing to do with being a busy-body - this situation is not a game!

1) I would give them a wide berth (but then I am giving everyone a wide berth!)
2) I would not be against ensuring the authorities take whatever steps are needed to make sure those two people are following the local rules. Nothing to do with being a busy-body - this situation is not a game!
True but location not that relevant the virus is rife in the UK and USA and and and
Local authorities/ health care teams need to be able to stop further transmission

True but location not that relevant the virus is rife in the UK and USA and and and
Local authorities/ health care teams need to be able to stop further transmission
location is relevant in that you are not going to get the local authorities enforcing US or UK rules (especially if those are French Authorities!)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back