Total newbie.

Hi & welcome! Not all of us bother with a shower, we decided not to as the water is heavy to carry and needs refilling more. Have to carry a larger tank which we decided was not what we wanted. We have a strip wash daily and use a campsite/ friends/ leisure centre every few days. I can remember having a bath just once a week, don't know when the daily shower ( nice though it is) started. It's very personal, what you consider essential, think there are other threads about this! However, we couldn't do without a loo.....and room to stand up, and a fridge, heating and solar panel!

Hi Keith, Thanks for your reply. Good idea about hiring for a day, I will certainly look at doing that. At the moment trying to figure out what sort of size van I will go for. VW camper size probably too small. I will be looking for something I can potentially sit in all day do some reading, internet and some sculpture stuff I do, but not get too claustophobic and be able to stand up in ! Undecided at this stage about a shower as I think I can survive with just washing for three or fourd days, and you can always go to a Sports centre for a swim/shower in a nearby town. How do you work around the hygiene aspect ? Chris.
Chris

Our van has a compact wet room, loo,shower and sink. We can also stand up in it.

Keith

Hi and welcome along, vans are made for just going places without much planning. The bigger the town or city the more thought needed, other than that it’s easy.

Some units have a shower and toilet using the same space so no extra space needed.

Suggest you visit a large dealer who has plenty stock of various make, types and layouts, you should soon narrow down the layout which suits you best. Don't be afraid to test the seats and beds and do sit down on the toilet to make sure it is usable - so many aren't.

Just remember that motorhoming is always a compromise so never expect to find perfection first time. We are on van number 8 and just about got everything right.

Happy hunting.

Welcome.
Take your time. Look through the forums on here.. there's a vast store of experience and knowledge.
4/5 days off grid, wild camping... ?Sounds like paradise.
Just make sure that you look at lots of van options. Don't buy until you're certain.
Places to stay, legally and safely..?
Consider the benefits of full membership.. all the info you'll ever need will be yours to access.
Good luck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back