Too much stuff?? (full-time)

So many things have been relegated to " not needed" and we don't full-time! Too many "spare" towels, shoes, coats, cups, plates, saucepans, storage baskets and kitchen utensils. Everything has to have two uses at least now to make it through the door, and nothing which " might be useful...one day" . Has to have use now!

.....or go at it from a different angle, take it all and what you haven't used within 10-14 days get rid of as that is the evidence that it wasn't required

Reactions: REC
I run light from the start, just the things required and no more, always work as if you were a soldier and only survival things, plates knife/fork & a spoon plus a few towels and cleaning stuff, one change/rain coat and thats it as anything else can be got in shops in an emergency if required.

I choose to full time 7 1/2 years ago personally it’s my home and I don’t care if it has no use. ( the rabbit hook would have stayed once things are on it it won’t rattle)
I met Ron full timing so it’s now are home we have upped the weight limit but we find that a different stages we need different things this life is ever changing. Family store our odds and ends so while we travel in the winter they keep our campsite warden equipment then this year with covid our summer clothes whilst we bought some winter clothes :(
I have learnt to live with less like shoes and clothes. Our kitchen stuff changes as we find things that suit the life better. Tools are needed but once in Europe on aires if you need a tool the men love finding what is needed there is a good spirit of helping out there.
At one point I really thought you where robbing the milk !!! I stayed outside my sons house for a while whilst I got used to things.
💕

If you have the room then take what you might need. If not then only take what you do need.

You will always have too much stuff
Aim for having simply too much rater than "Much too much"
If you have the room then take what you might need. If not then only take what you do need.

Getting the balance right is difficult.
Like Penny says, what you need to keep with you over time can change.
Seasonal stuff is a major problem.

I guess this might not be so difficult if you spend most of the year somewhere warm like Southern Europe etc., but in the UK it can be a bit of a pain with extremes in weather.

Couple of friends who've lived full-time in their caravan for the last 15 years + (working caravan club sites) ended up buying a second caravan and keeping it in storage.

They kept all the stuff in it they didn't need at certain times of the year - i.e. winter stuff packed away during the summer and vice versa.
Basically treating it as a storage unit. It worked really well for them.

They are back up north just now living in a modern town flat, next to the Tyne Bridge. They bought years ago and have had it permanently rented out.
Just sold it - although it will take a while to complete the sale, like everything else that's operating snail pace due to covid.
Plan to look for a property where they can start running their own caravan/motorhome site.

I choose to full time 7 1/2 years ago personally it’s my home and I don’t care if it has no use. ( the rabbit hook would have stayed once things are on it it won’t rattle)
I met Ron full timing so it’s now are home we have upped the weight limit but we find that a different stages we need different things this life is ever changing. Family store our odds and ends so while we travel in the winter they keep our campsite warden equipment then this year with covid our summer clothes whilst we bought some winter clothes :(
I have learnt to live with less like shoes and clothes. Our kitchen stuff changes as we find things that suit the life better. Tools are needed but once in Europe on aires if you need a tool the men love finding what is needed there is a good spirit of helping out there.
At one point I really thought you where robbing the milk !!! I stayed outside my sons house for a while whilst I got used to things.
💕
I think your van is lovely & homey & comfortable. If it has in it the things that make you happy that's the way to go.
PS If you ever think of getting rid of your kettle, I'll give it a good home.:)

So many things have been relegated to " not needed" and we don't full-time! Too many "spare" towels, shoes, coats, cups, plates, saucepans, storage baskets and kitchen utensils. Everything has to have two uses at least now to make it through the door, and nothing which " might be useful...one day" . Has to have use now!
Ha ha thats exactly it, too many spares!

Reactions: REC
💕
Ah thats really helpful thank you. Cant wait to get to an aire.

Ha ha yes, good old mother in law and her shopping supplies :)

Getting the balance right is difficult.
Like Penny says, what you need to keep with you over time can change.
Seasonal stuff is a major problem.

I guess this might not be so difficult if you spend most of the year somewhere warm like Southern Europe etc., but in the UK it can be a bit of a pain with extremes in weather.

Couple of friends who've lived full-time in their caravan for the last 15 years + (working caravan club sites) ended up buying a second caravan and keeping it in storage.

They kept all the stuff in it they didn't need at certain times of the year - i.e. winter stuff packed away during the summer and vice versa.
Basically treating it as a storage unit. It worked really well for them.

They are back up north just now living in a modern town flat, next to the Tyne Bridge. They bought years ago and have had it permanently rented out.
Just sold it - although it will take a while to complete the sale, like everything else that's operating snail pace due to covid.
Plan to look for a property where they can start running their own caravan/motorhome site.
Absolutely. I am currently in my 'winter wardrobe' with summer clothes in the garage, think I'll have to swap stuff out throughout the year. We have suncream and crampons...got to pack for everything.

Can't get into my spare bedroom for all the stuff that is out of the van. Different stuff needed for different situations. Elec cables for sites. Elec things like toaster when doing long term stewarding. Not that long term stewarding abroad again is likely.

Can't get into my spare bedroom for all the stuff that is out of the van. Different stuff needed for different situations. Elec cables for sites. Elec things like toaster when doing long term stewarding. Not that long term stewarding abroad again is likely.
Keep the faith leg, we can but hope

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back