TomTom Mobile - new version warning

Canalsman

TomTom are starting to roll out an update to their Mobile app.

The existing versions are numbered 1.nn

The new versions are numbered 2.nn

If you are at present using version 1 you are likely to have been receiving news flashes about a revamp of the app.

WARNING

The version 2 revamp does NOT support third party POIs such as ours.

I recommend that if you use third party POIs that you disable app auto updates globally or specifically for this app if that's possible.

Sadly this is a rerun of the removal of third party POI support already experienced by users of standalone TomTom devices.

Do you know when the new version will be released. I've just updated the Poi's on my phone and still appear to have version one and am not sure how to stop an auto update.

If you're using an Android device, if you access the Play Store, then choose Settings, you can disable Auto Update globally.

You can then choose when to update individual apps.

I don't know how you achieve this with Apple devices...

As I understand it TomTom are phasing the roll out across countries and groups of users. So there is no easy way to tell when your device will be eligible for update.

I have just tried my Android tablet but too late, V2.7 so I have lost all my POI's, it still shows 'my places' though so if I could be bothered I could look at POI's on the online map and make them one of 'my places', I think it is a backward step for Tomtom :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back