Time To Put In My Order

If I am reading that right the 11kw of batteries may only last overnight? 540w solar isn’t going to recharge that lot so isn’t it going to be on hook up most of the time?

If I am reading that right the 11kw of batteries may only last overnight? 540w solar isn’t going to recharge that lot so isn’t it going to be on hook up most of the time?

Probably , at 45 feet long with all its gadgets realistically will spend most time on campsites

Waste of time in this country unless you like motorways and A roads.

And you have a large driveway or you don't mind paying storage fees!

The name 'Tuscany' is a joke

Imagine trying to tour Tuscany in that.

Waste of time in this country unless you like motorways and A roads.

And you have a large driveway or you don't mind paying storage fees!

Ha ha Ral, if I had that I would only be stood while waiting for pension to fill tank :)

I thought that too,seems like a piddling amount of solar for that lot,I'll just have to live with it.:D

My 12mtr RV was carrying 900w of solar , so the amount on that one isnt going to get far with that amount of lithium batteries , The second alternator would be carrying the biggest part of recharging that pack JMHO

BTW too long for reg in UK or EU , and even 12mtr stops you getting on most sites esp in UK .

36.4 kWh = 2843.75Ah at 12.8v. That would need 29 Relion RB100 batteries @ $29,000. With the inverters, solar, upgraded alternator, other required parts and installation you are most likely looking at a $50,000 option.

36.4 kWh = 2843.75Ah at 12.8v. That would need 29 Relion RB100 batteries @ $29,000. With the inverters, solar, upgraded alternator, other required parts and installation you are most likely looking at a $50,000 option.

I expect they have had the cells custom wired Phil as it says in two packs. Again if I read it right lol. Was impressive weight for all that battery power though :)

I'm not sure that you are reading it right. I could find no reference to "11kw of batteries"
Para 3 does say "To get more specific, Michigan's Volta Power Systems developed an electrical package with 36.4 kWh of automotive-grade lithium-ion battery storage".
A 100 Ah 12v battery = 12 x 100 wh = 1200wh = 1.2kwh. You can only use half of this so 0.6kwh.
You can use 90% of the lithium-ion battery 36.4kwh = 33kwh.

So the lithium-ion battery is equivalent in capacity to over 50 convention 100ah batteries.

So even with no solar you should be OK for a few of months off grid.

I will place my order as soon as they confirm it is under 3.5 ton. (DVLA restrict what I can drive because of my diabetes).

Looking forward to showing it to you all at a meet. (I'll be the one parked next to the Diesel tanker).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back