This is crazy (work)

The laird

This time in everyone’s life and ( I’m not complaining) but going to have to work all weekend the way things are panning out
the chemicals we are shifting just now,ethyl alcohol for hand sanitizer,the list goes on and on,we are a family run business with 17 units and 60-70 trailers ,a secure base where we store tanks/ chemicals -whisky etc
the presures we are under just now is unreal but the majority of our drivers are grateful as we are earning full pay at this horrible time when others are not,
But the last few days I’ve experienced horrible situation when stopping at a garage to fuel up or get a coffee ,when going to use the convenience found it was locked and a notice stating due to the present time we are not letting these toilets get used
when I said I’ve just been driving for 7 hours the lad said And nought I can do
so the out come is I’ve printed off a letter from the Scottish government and all our drivers have a copy to produce to ANYsite they wish to relieve themselves that it is against the LAW to not let us use the toilets and wash our hands this is also includes the ROAD HAULIERS ASSOC which it explains symptoms etc
And there is also a letter of the exact same content from the English gov inc the rha
hope this might help other drivers still out there
hope all you guys are safe and well
sorry to rant on

ps on the other hand from these sites all nhs front line and hgv drivers get hot drinks foc which we are grateful for

Last edited:
This time in everyone’s life and ( I’m not complaining) but going to have to work all weekend the way things are panning out
the chemicals we are shifting just now,ethyl alcohol for hand sanitizer,the list goes on and on,we are a family run business with 17 units and 60-70 trailers ,a secure base where we store tanks/ chemicals -whisky etc
the press7res we are under just now is unreal but the majority of our drivers are grateful as we are earning full pay at this horrible time when others are not,
But the last few days I’ve experienced horrible situation when stopping at a garage to fuel up or get a coffee ,when going to use the convenience flounder it was locked and a notice stating due to the present time we are not letting these toilets get used
when I said I’ve just been driving for 7 hours the lad said And nought I can do
so the out come is I’ve printed off a letter from the Scottish government and all our drivers have a copy to produce to ANYsite they wish to relieve themselves that it is against the LAW to not let us use the toilets and wash our hands this is also includes the ROAD HAULIERS ASSOC
aThere is also a letter of the exact same content from the English gov inc the rha
hope this might help other drivers still out there
hope all you guys are safe and well
sorry to rant onn

ps on the other hand from these sites all nhs front line and hgv drivers get hot drinks foc which we are grateful for
when youve got to go. u have got to go. open the toilet and keep them clean. ok.pj.

I am on your side Gordon , it is absolutely disgusting , ALL drivers deserve a government mega bonus for keeping the country on its feet in these worrying times , If I did not live so far away from you I would certainly come and haul a few loads for you . Take care mate and stay safe with all these new racing drivers we have got on our roads Also a BIG RESPECT and thank you for your efforts (y)

Your hammering the hours mr Laird, very good of the various outlets offering you free hits drinks, pity they don’t offer you WC facilities to get rid off free drinks after running its course through your system in your case, three days 🤣 as you hate parting with anything!
Be interesting to hear the outcome of flashing letter at these outlets, will they allow use off?
That’s what I like aboot u terry ( chuff awe) 👍😀

I am on your side Gordon , it is absolutely disgusting , ALL drivers deserve a government mega bonus for keeping the country on its feet in these worrying times , If I did not live so far away from you I would certainly come and haul a few loads for you . Take care mate and stay safe with all these new racing drivers we have got on our roads Also a BIG RESPECT and thank you for your efforts (y)
Not looking for medals mate just doing my job it’s the nhs and emergencyguys that do the heroics imho

Not looking for medals mate just doing my job it’s the nhs and emergencyguys that do the heroics imho

Well You are getting one anyway (y)
71DXHjq9xfL._AC_SX679_.jpg

You’ll have to go back to the old camping technique when it’s peeing down outside your tent, use a Nalgene water bottle.😜😂👍

Well done Gordon to you and all the other truckers keeping the country moving, it's disgraceful that they have closed all the toilet facilities, hope you get sorted out.

My London style taxi is parked up with me been away and the drivers been high risk. The cab drivers in Blackpool asked the council for permission to wear face masks to protect the driver and the passengers and to allow the drivers to refuse to allow a passenger in the front of the taxi, they wanted only to carry passengers in the rear of the vehicle so that both they and the passengers were protected by the partition.

Would you believe it the council refused this request and all the council licensing department are working from home. No counter service whatsoever, most of the lads have decided to park there taxis up, only a skeleton service on offer now and two taxi drivers are already in Blackpool ITU with Coronavirus.

I have done an email for the lads to my local councillor, my MP and the leader of the council, stating they have a duty of care to all taxi drivers, they are now looking into this. Hopefully commonsense will.prevail.

Well done Gordon to you and all the other truckers keeping the country moving, it's disgraceful that they have closed all the toilet facilities, hope you get sorted out.

My London style taxi is parked up with me been away and the drivers been high risk. The cab drivers in Blackpool asked the council for permission to wear face masks to protect the driver and the passengers and to allow the drivers to refuse to allow a passenger in the front of the taxi, they wanted only to carry passengers in the rear of the vehicle so that both they and the passengers were protected by the partition.

Would you believe it the council refused this request and all the council licensing department are working from home. No counter service whatsoever, most of the lads have decided to park there taxis up, only a skeleton service on offer now and two taxi drivers are already in Blackpool ITU with Coronavirus.

I have done an email for the lads to my local councillor, my MP and the leader of the council, stating they have a duty of care to all taxi drivers, they are now looking into this. Hopefully commonsense will.prevail.

I’m not sure that the partition would be sufficient. London buses have a similar barrier to their drivers yet 9 drivers have died. Additionally contamination in the rear of a taxi could infect future passengers. Probably best that they are not used.

I'm sure there's a few on here that would help you shift the whisky.
I did mention the toilet situation on here the other day,I wrote to Highways England about reopening them for drivers,computer said no.

I'm sure there's a few on here that would help you shift the whisky.
I did mention the toilet situation on here the other day,I wrote to Highways England about reopening them for drivers,computer said no.
Yeah mental imho ,but this letter is available to all hgv drivers and does state it is illegal to refuse us access to use their facilities ,and WASH OUR HANDS ETC

I saw a interview with a Glasgow taxi driver and he had a 1 shot bomb to sit in the middle of the floor that sanitised the entire taxi interior after carrying a infected passenger.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back