There's always a silver lining.

Really Marie?

There is a campsite just around the corner.

That must be the one.
He hasn't said when he's going yet, presume it will be when restrictions are lifted a little?

"Afternoon all.
Well, we have been and done it.Booked our first break in over six months.
We are off in the caravan, to sunny Wyboston on M1.
Let the frollicks begin.
All them charity shops to visit in Bedford and St NEOTS.
We might even make it to St Ives.
Let the good lines roll.
Ouch me back."

Last edited:
That must be the one. He says it's
He hasn't said when he's going yet, presume it will be when restrictions are lifted a little?

"Afternoon all.
Well, we have been and done it.Booked our first break in over six months.
We are off in the caravan, to sunny Wyboston on M1.
Let the frollicks begin.
All them charity shops to visit in Bedford and St NEOTS.
We might even make it to St Ives.
Let the good lines roll.
Ouch me back."

Blimey, old Pete ain't changed has he?

I'll have to pop round to see him and Jess.

hi rob im on another forum leicestershire based recent thread about schooldays i mentioned sister mary davis my worst nightmare there were load more posts saying those nuns were evil they covered over a ten year period

hi rob im on another forum leicestershire based recent thread about schooldays i mentioned sister mary davis my worst nightmare there were load more posts saying those nuns were evil they covered over a ten year period

Evil indeed Ken, I posted recently on another thread on here recently about SMD whipping me round the face with a cane.

I hated my schooldays both at primary and LGS and so don't go on any of the forums or go to any reunions, I simply don't want to be in touch with them.

Something about nuns! I went to a catholic primary school in Bath run by nuns.....my brother was ‘dealt with’ on more than one occasion and the plimsoll was used a lot!

No doubt from the Sisters of Eternal Mercy order.
You couldn't make this next bit up Rob and I had a brief exchange about catholic education and just now I thought I'd look up the Jesuits preferred impliment of pleasure/pain called the ferula at my school. Found a news paper article.

Linky Here

Seems we got off light with the max being 9.

Glad to say I still continued to question during lessons their teachings. Religion is teaching me this and Science is teaching me that, make your minds up. So liberating to leave the repressive catholic school I was in and enter a Technical college where people wanted to educate me.

Sorry Lee, just realised this thread started with a new patio, where did it go astray?

I was raised catholic, but I went to a protestant school.
My older sister went to a catholic school and I won't dare venture too far down that path in here commenting on her experience.

Except to say that we are both of one mind when it comes to the Vatican.
Add a successful Guy Fawkes and that would be a grand combination.... (y);)

A lot to answer for and still barely held to account after decades of various degrees of abuse. :devilish:

I was raised catholic, but I went to a protestant school.
My older sister went to a catholic school and I won't dare venture too far down that path in here commenting on her experience.

Except to say that we are both of one mind when it comes to the Vatican.
Add a successful Guy Fawkes and that would be a grand combination.... (y);)

A lot to answer for and still barely held to account after decades of various degrees of abuse. :devilish:
Marie just down south a convent for unmarried mother was found to have murdered the kids and buried them in an old ces pit tank out back, one nun boiled a young boy in a large pot of porridge, the church had tried to hide it but its now out and all hell has broken loose, there was a program on tv about it.

With the money saved by being in lockdown we decided to have a new patio.
But we rather be in Portugal though😁😎
View attachment 94262
That looks awesome, well done! See this is what I am always saying... take out the best from the situation that you are in. For example, while all of my friends were just complaining about being quarantined and how bad they got it, and how unfair their life is I instead decided to figure out how to scale my coffee shop business and actually did it. If it wasn't for the lockdown I'd never found a new POS system provider that we have now. I make money having their services haha on their mobile point of sale terminal the customers are being shown ads while making the transaction and I get money for it. Genious ... :cool:

Reactions: Lee
Can’t think of anything worse than being at home except maybe doing jobs while there. Come to your senses man and get out in the van!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back