the ring spotlight cam with solar panel

Reikiman

well several times i’ve noticed, there are quite a few motor homes getting stolen, i have recieved a spotlight
cam, with a solar panel today which i’m going to install into my motorhome, as long as you have the internet all you do is connect it to the internet,via wifi, set it up by down loading the ring app, you get alerts when there is a motion detected, motion activated spotlight, you can also call the device and tell the person what ever you like, when it detects movement it alerts you via your mobile, and you receive a recording of the event, you can from anywhere as long as you phone is connected sound a siren too, expensive about £300 but there will be deals about,

So it connects to your wifi but if the vehicle moves out of range its not connected to anything. The reviews on Amazon are terrible. Surly a better solution would be something that tracks the vehicle or an alarm that goes off.

I have a ring doorbell which detects motion, it alerts me when anyone walks up the path and I can see the van on the drive with the built in camera so if someone is looking around the van we get an alert it is great for when you are away, we had an attempted parcel delivery last Saturday and the doorbell sound on my phone went off, I answered it and it was a DPD delivery driver who was walking away after leaving the parcel on top of the post box, I answered the bell and shouted to tell him not to leave it there, either leave it with a neighbour or take it back, I didn't tell him we would be away over a month.
My daughter has the ring spotlights and they stopped three hooded men trying to take their car, as soon as the lights came on they legged it, the video was sent to the Police who were not interested but she sent it to Ring who gave her 12 months free service for sending it

I have a dual band Reolink C1 Pro in our garden workshop. Uses 240v but they do solar charging models as well. Absolutely brilliant (for the money) - wasn't sure if it would connect to internet due to distance from router but no problem. Picks up sound (volume settable) and movement and immediately sends a text to phone. Pan and tilt from phone, talk through it and set off alarm if you want and can be set to give specific views. IR night vision is excellent. Connects up to 20 phones. Great peace of mind. Just can't get over how technology has advanced!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a very good idea :)
weird that the Amazon reviews are bad in the main and Costco's are good for what appears to be the identical product?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back