The insurance search

campervanannie

I always do a few comparison quotes so today I have been quoted anything from £376 up to £1200 for a years insurance without breakdown or European cover the only addition is legal cover I have no points. no convictions how can insurance vary so much just waiting for AIB to get back to me but I think they are having an afternoon nap. 😂😂

I always do a few comparison quotes so today I have been quoted anything from £376 up to £1200 for a years insurance without breakdown or European cover the only addition is legal cover I have no points. no convictions how can insurance vary so much just waiting for AIB to get back to me but I think they are having an afternoon nap. 😂😂
Same here, I used ‘caravanguard’ in the end

Renewal quote for M/Home, allegedly after Member Discount, but with annual mileage increased to either 10,000 or 12,000 [to cope with the extra trips necessitated by Aviva's stupid limit of 60 days Unoccupancy Cover] were £770 and £815 respectively; plus £290 to renew the car insurance for 3000 miles per annum, all via AIB ...

Steve

$ is that pv only ? And or with windows or motohome ? Annie

Mine was £350 ish a £ 1.00 a day but just van last year .

Some of these quotes would have us selling the van, why are they so high, expensive van? bad area? bad driving record?

Mine was ridiculous in the end when we got the new van. I can't remember now but I think it ended up around £800. It was a nightmare to sort as we didn't know where the van would be stored / parked. Either on the drive if it fitted, in local storage or on the road. In the end I just coughed up the extra with AIB so I could do all three. They were really helpful to be fair and virtually no providers allowed you to park on a road for more than 24 hours. The van does fit on the drive but we had so much work to do I needed it out front.

One of the lowest crime rates in the country where we are as well but a good chance if might get battered by a tractor! 😁

Some of these quotes would have us selling the van, why are they so high, expensive van? bad area? bad driving record?
1. No; 2. No; 3. No

£812 for 12,000 miles per annum and unlimited European trips [number and duration]. The extra ferry fares caused by the Aviva 60 days Unoccupancy Cover restriction added over £1300 to our running costs, plus about £500 extra diesel costs and extra wear & tear/servicing costs. We plan to sell our flat [Listed Building] and buy a modern box that will enable us to get 90 days Unoccupancy Cover [including Aviva underwriting M&S policies for non-Listed buildings], to reduc the annual 'pointless' mileage of driving home for 3-4 weeks before returning to Europe again ...

Insurers are devoid of morals and are the lowest of the low; they deserve richly our utter contempt for their 'reduce premium/stuff up the premium/refuse the claim' 'ethical' approach to business

Steve

This thread reminded me I will need to start looking fairly soon (due early September). Currently with AIB on a limited mileage policy at £220.

For Legal Cover, it is worth considering a standalone policy, especially if you have multiple vehicles. That can be quite a money saver compared to adding it to every vehicle policy.
I went with MEM Insurance - https://memonline.co.uk/ . I have never (fortunately) had to use it but a friend who used them after I told him about the option did get a policy and did have to use their services and found them spot on. (that is the trouble with insurance ... you buy it and hope you never need to find out if they are any good!).

I won't be using AIB next year Annie my quote for this year was 430 quid for 3000 miles cover I asked them to put it up to6000 mile and was charge an other 130quid so they can sod off next year

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back