The Birds

winks

Well it looks a bit like the Hitchcock film at our house just now.

After a brisk breeze overnight the gull chicks have been blown off the chimneys and the parents are going totally bonkers trying to defend them. This is the scene on our back roof this morning. No trips down to the bin for a day or two.

97CA97A3-56AF-43B9-B014-B4F1A14C8DAA.jpeg
90F9F821-1DEB-4604-8628-8B23930AA2DF.jpeg

Cheers

H

Last edited:

Jeff G

A day or two might be a tad optimistic.The lesser black backed are worse than herring gulls as well.

winks

I’ll keep you posted. We usually have a couple of dead chicks over the summer. The local moggies like it.

Cheers

H

winks

After another draughty night on windy Walney we have one chick dead in the kitchen rain gutter and the original one still hunkered down under the ridge tiles. Still blowing a hooligan so things far from good for the remaining one.

Cheers

H

Wooie1958

We had a terrible night at the Health Centre in Golspie a few years back down to them bloody Black Backs defending their young on the Co-op roof.

All flaming night they were calling and the motorhome the following morning looked like it had been in Beruit during an air raid, plastered in shyte :mad:

izwozral

There was a double Wally bird at an auction I went to in Altrincham, it went for £18,200. Doubles and triples are rarer but smaller than the singles and probably named after Robert Wallace Martin.

There was a vase in the shape of a gorilla on Ebay a few years back, the back stamp was spot on and it looked genuine, problem was, I couldn't find any reference to such a vase in any of the literature or the internet. It sold for £3500, which, if genuine was an absolute steal.

Heard nothing about the book yet Andrew, still could pop up somewhere?