The Anglers Rest

barge1914

Spent an odd couple of days getting up early, trudging repeatedly up and down Stanage Edge, standing for hours up there in freezing wind whilst cameramen faff around with camera angles, repeating everything umpteen times, waiting interminably for our reward of Indian barbecue which thanks to the munificence of the BBC turns out to be a small spoonful of curried spinach gloop and a stodgy crisp...which the lovely Anita Rani declares to be the best of Punjabi cooking...whilst we all smiled (grimaced), no wonder she’s so slender! All for Countryfile to do a programme on walking in the Peak District and our community pub The Anglers Rest in Bamford. A change perhaps from the routine, albeit the routine is usually somewhat less bone-chilling. It all called for strong drink...which we had to buy ourselves.

How odd have your last two days been?

58DD1403-0B25-4CA4-A633-D0EE22057C70.jpeg

izwozral

Spent an odd couple of days getting up early, trudging repeatedly up and down Stanage Edge, standing for hours up there in freezing wind whilst cameramen faff around with camera angles, repeating everything umpteen times, waiting interminably for our reward of Indian barbecue which thanks to the munificence of the BBC turns out to be a small spoonful of curried spinach gloop and a stodgy crisp...which the lovely Anita Rani declares to be the best of Punjabi cooking...whilst we all smiled (grimaced), no wonder she’s so slender! All for Countryfile to do a programme on walking in the Peak District and our community pub The Anglers Rest in Bamford. A change perhaps from the routine, albeit the routine is usually somewhat less bone-chilling. It all called for strong drink...which we had to buy ourselves.

How odd have your last two days been?

View attachment 75603

How or why are you involved in filming Countryfile Ian?

barge1914

I’m a shareholder in our community pub. Mostly I’m hovering in the background avoiding the limelight, apart from literally a couple of words in the pub.

Chris356

I’ve just googled the anglers arms thought it was Kielder it says no longer accepts Motorhome’s

bartman

Sounds like the same caterers they provided for Jeremy Clarkson which led to Topgeargate

Greytop

I’m a shareholder in our community pub. Mostly I’m hovering in the background avoiding the limelight, apart from literally a couple of words in the pub.
Hi Ian,
I assume you are a shareholder in the Anglers Rest. Have you any idea why they have stopped welcoming Motorhomers on their car park.

barge1914

Not sure, I’ll have to ask sometime. Rather sloping CP anyway, and much used as reserved community parking area as well as for pub.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)