Testing new Photo hosting

Well that worked OK , hope it does not break the rules. Pictures say Bemissa but it is BENISSA SPAIN.

Your post the other day reminded me that I have a Photobucket account (a free one). I have not logged on for a long time annd it appears to be deleted, so I expect I have lost all the photos I uploaded.

Your post the other day reminded me that I have a Photobucket account (a free one). I have not logged on for a long time annd it appears to be deleted, so I expect I have lost all the photos I uploaded.
hi, yes my photos are still there in the background but I cannot access them, thankfully I back up my photos by burning to Dsc so all not lost, I was looking at a new LapTop for my wife recently and find that Lap tops no longer have a built in DVD player or burner, I do not like that idea, progress I guess ??

hi, yes my photos are still there in the background but I cannot access them, thankfully I back up my photos by burning to Dsc so all not lost, I was looking at a new LapTop for my wife recently and find that Lap tops no longer have a built in DVD player or burner, I do not like that idea, progress I guess ??

Very cheap to solve that problem.

Be interested in that fix....my laptop was deprived of it's DVD functions when it up-dated itself to Windows 10!

Allen

Its all done on usb these days,linux uses a ore program called unetbootin on the pen for booting a linux distro to pc or just as is for everything else,in fact you can run a distro called puppy from a pen on any blank old pc and leave nothing behind,handy in the field as they say.
puppy.png

Be interested in that fix....my laptop was deprived of it's DVD functions when it up-dated itself to Windows 10!

Allen
7 has reached end of life,so ether crappy 10 or move to linux,mint is a good starter with 2 different desktops to chose from standard old mate or new cinnamon which does look very nice i must say .
mint distro.png

• Thank You
Reactions: R0B
Feels like I'm coming out of the closet for posting this! For the last 3 weeks or so I've been trialing Linux Mint Cinnamon quite impressed with it - the printer was easier to install than in Win7 (which I wish to migrate away from) as it was already there and working. Just need to get the scanner working plus VeraCrypt and hopefully find a good alternative to MSmoney which I do like. I'm currently trialling it on a Win 10 laptop as it was the easiet PC that I have to swapout the SSD.
Once I've sorted out the other niggles I shall wipe the SSD that I've currently installed it on and will then make this my internet PC (desktop) the first one to officially swap over.

Thanks, I am trialling as well.
Not going to upload historical photos..But All set for 2020.
A couple of images but not photos here
AND

PS images created in Libre Office's Presentation software and then exported as Jpegs

They do not seem to do Sub-albums but maybe ahead...Not a big disadvantage.
labelling the images is easier than others

All pictures in linux must be taged,then you put them in sub folders inside pictures folder.
To change picture title just right click and all options will be seen,all jpg/png etc must be in lower case.

folders a.png
folders sub a.png

Photohosting sites are fine but in essence to allow others to see your selected photos.
It is often useful to downsize photos as well..Typical camera now 3000 by 2250 pixels
For most purposes 1000 by 750 is perfectly adequate a resizing of 1/3rd by 1/3d ie 1/9th the file size and consequent upload and viewing speed.
I mainly use 40% factor and do a bulk resize into a new subfolder (called resized !) then upload and delete the lower quality images
I keep all my photos and videos on 2x external HDD (Ie Master and Copy) and oh yes recent images on the laptop
But if my laptop fails all my images are intact on the external drives
You can also keep music on and external HDD and if you have a TV (eg AVTEX) with USB input you can see images and play music on said TV.
I am sure others have their own ways of "Preserving Data"
For documents and spreadsheets OneDrive or Google Drive (My preference) seem best ..again other similar solutions available

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back