Received ......... Telly wanted

Huddersfield
Oh, that's only up the road from Glossop! But----at the moment we are confined to the house until the 11th, and then I need to get the car MoT'd, so if you are able to keep it until later in the month I would be grateful
Peter

Oh, that's only up the road from Glossop! But----at the moment we are confined to the house until the 11th, and then I need to get the car MoT'd, so if you are able to keep it until later in the month I would be grateful
Peter

no problem it is just sat in the garage so can sit here until we can move again, I am still doing courier work although very little at the moment as most of my customers are closed if I get a job over your way I will drop it in for you, or should I say drop it on your doorstep and run.

I purchased a 22" from Aldi a couple of years back.

The sound was awful initially and I had to use one of those blue tooth speakers.

When I got the new van, we mounted the TV on one of those swivel gizmos.
The sound is now perfect.
It was caused by the little stand/legs it originally was fitted with. I guess the sound
left the speaker originally and because of the little legs it got distorted.

I bought one of these to give a stable 12v supply
71pYfQdNtHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

then I need to get the car MoT'd, so if you are able to keep it until later in the month I would be grateful
Peter
When did your MOT expire Peter?, if it is after March 30th you don't need to MOT it yet

If you find a TV that runs off a 12v adapter, you can run it off the motorhome's 12v supply, but not directly.
You really do need to run it through a gizmo that limits the voltage to a nice smooth 12v, not the 12v to 15v your batteries supply. These devices are readily available on eBay etc, sold as "12v buck regulator" and only costing a few pounds.
The thing to be careful of is polarity. Wire the +12v and 0v connections into it the wrong way and it instantly turns into a "0v bust regulator"

As mentioned above ...

If you have a Sargent installation the 12 volt outlets are powered by a voltage regulated circuit. In this instance mains charging or solar charging of the leisure batteries is not a problem.

You would still need to be wary if you add a third party solar charge regulator connected directly to the leisure batteries.

Every one has forgot one thing,even if some one had a 12v tv it is not esn goods and you cannot go get it as unes/travel.
So all you can do is dream about it until things get back to normal,may be longer than you think. :cry:
Book ParcelForce online, they collect and even bring the labels bless em!

We've just got a newer motorhome and the TV came with it, so I have advertised our old one on Gumtree -

Avtex 18.5 digital LED TV/DVD in excellent condition, ideal for your motorhome/caravan.or boat. We've had this a few years in our motorhome and watched it about half a dozen times. We've just got a newer motorhome that already has one in and so are selling this. It has an ordinary ariel connection and a satelite ariel connection. 2 x USB and 2 x HDMI sockets. DVD's slot in the side. It can be connected to 12v and 240v. Has a remote control and instruction book which are all kept neat and tidy in a hard shell Avtex case (which cost over £50) Can be yours for £175 and must be collected in person or you can arrange your own courier.

Hi and thank you for getting back to me. Your offer sounds wonderful, but sadly I cannot afford it.
Thank you anyway and best of luck with 'Gumtree'
Regards
Peter

One of our dear members has offered us one (in fact 2 have)but because of the current health situation it has not been possible to do anything about it, but thanks anyway. But another has offered one, you are a terrific mob, and although it's mains, he is convinced that it will work on our leccy setup. Telly is a bonus for us, thanks.
Everyone has been so kind, Ta

Hi OPPY I have TV 17 inch Screen in great condition, it needs a digi box which I will include to get Digital TV but works fine with a Standard aerial, it is Mains , BUT I have used it in our van on 12 volt [ cables supplied ] I also ran it from our inverter the TV also has a built in DVD player so you can watch DVDs [ on 12 volt ] if nothing on the telly you like or somewhere with bad reception, You can have the lot for £15 ,I also have the remotes for all and leaflets / instructions somewhere , I live in Southampton but sure there are ways to get it to you if you [ OR any one else ] interested in it, it needs a stand as I threw that away as we had it on an adjustable bracket in our van , we are looking to buy a new TV sometime and also planning to change our van so that is on hold at the moment. The picture also shows a double skillet which my wife has advertised for sale at £25 it is new so if any one interested in that its available. We will be at the Lymington Strawberry meet , all being well?
Hi and thanks for your offer, but one of our members has just recently sorted us out and courtesy of Helen 262 we now have 21" of viewing pleasure.
I'm sorry, I should have posted "Received", but thanks again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back