Swearing filter

landoboguy

Free Member
in regards the thread here https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/double-forum.82838/#post-1120748

and wildebusses great forward thinking , I have posted swearing filters here which some "snowflakes" may find useful forthe most common browsers...great idea and may stop some argy bargy...great idea Wildbus
google chrome

firefox

edge

opera

safari
or even this http://webcensorapp.com/

Now who is gonna be the first to use asterisks in this thread I wonder ? :rolleyes:

just a word of warning on these.... They mask out the words on YOUR computer, but not for anyone else who does not use a filter.

After installing, there is a temptation to type in some "bad" words to check the filter works. It will have, but those words are still on the public post in their unadulterated form - it doesn't change the word itself, just what you see.
I am just pointing this out, especially if you decide to test it out with some of the more 'extreme' examples and forget to delete what you posted after the test ;)

I'm getting bored with these swearing topics. Bring back toilet threads. Please can everyone just go back to being normal.

I have to agree with you there chap....

Far too much naval gazing and offendedness,
To be honest some of the forums I've spent time on before would make a navvy blush...
The swearing never bothered me (I can swear with the best at times BUT am equally capable of moderating it when I consider I need to)
And when some just frankly got too much as far as the extreme views displayed, I just exited stage left and moved on.

This place has frankly gone from a top drawer place to spend time to most folks wandering about on egg shells with the rest mainly posting about how offended they are by a few words that frankly your average schoolkid wouldn't use as they're too mild.

Might be time to think of a new name for the place if it carries on... ;-)

I have to agree with you there chap....

Far too much naval gazing and offendedness,
To be honest some of the forums I've spent time on before would make a navvy blush...
The swearing never bothered me (I can swear with the best at times BUT am equally capable of moderating it when I consider I need to)
And when some just frankly got too much as far as the extreme views displayed, I just exited stage left and moved on.

This place has frankly gone from a top drawer place to spend time to most folks wandering about on egg shells with the rest mainly posting about how offended they are by a few words that frankly your average schoolkid wouldn't use as they're too mild.

Might be time to think of a new name for the place if it carries on... ;-)

perhaps - Mild Camping - ?

How about wild snowflake camping. I am one that says I do not like swearing and insults. I have not said You Must Not I have expressed my opinion right wrong or indifferent it is my opinion. If people are taking offence at someone’s opinion. Does that mean only things that are true and can be proved true can be entered on the forum No one is allowed an opinion. Or just anyone that has a different opinion to yours should be barred from expressing it. As I was tolld before if you don’t like someone or there opinion. press ignore. So to the rest read it accept it. Disagree with it. Or ignore it.only One person can tell me to desist. Stop or barred. That’s Phillip. It is his forums. Snowflake aka brian

How about wild snowflake camping. I am one that says I do not like swearing and insults. I have not said You Must Not I have expressed my opinion right wrong or indifferent it is my opinion. If people are taking offence at someone’s opinion. Does that mean only things that are true and can be proved true can be entered on the forum No one is allowed an opinion. Or just anyone that has a different opinion to yours should be barred from expressing it. As I was tolld before if you don’t like someone or there opinion. press ignore. So to the rest read it accept it. Disagree with it. Or ignore it.only One person can tell me to desist. Stop or barred. That’s Phillip. It is his forums. Snowflake aka brian

You see I actually find the use of the term 'snowflake'

Uncomfortable if not a little offensive...
It makes me feel pressured into not being able to express certain emotions...

Joking apart..

It's a very very slippy slope....
Sadly some folks on here seem to have launched the forum down it with a good push.

Misterserviceman. How do you think I felt when on this forum I was called that. Snowflake. Plus other. My belief accept the word and brag about being one. That way the insult has gone. Snowflake aka brian. Ps I was going to change my user name. To “easily offended snowflake” . But decided no.🤣😂😁

"The Profanity Filter" was the name I gave to my embryonic prog rock band 15 years ago. We should have been famous by now but no one let on how difficult this guitar playing lark is.

i like swearing.. especially the old anglo-saxo words

Here! You will like this. Its quite old but still works with some websites. Put in a website name and see what happens. :D

This is this thread below. DO NOT CLICK IF EASILY OFFENDED.

University unions are banning speakers and lecturers who don't agree with their views. To say anything that doesn't conform on Twitter and Facebook gets flack and now it has happened here. How on earth can people who purport to be free spirits who enjoy the freedom of going where and when they like be so careful footed for fear of expulsion?

20200702_141516.jpg

University unions are banning speakers and lecturers who don't agree with their views. To say anything that doesn't conform on Twitter and Facebook gets flack and now it has happened here. How on earth can people who purport to be free spirits who enjoy the freedom of going where and when they like be so careful footed for fear of expulsion?
this just gives the user a choice to see what others type or not. A choice not a rule, got to a good hasnt it for people who wish to have a choice to see others langauge .?

this just gives the user a choice to see what others type or not. A choice not a rule, got to a good hasnt it for people who wish to have a choice to see others langauge .?
I'm sorry but I can't quite see where you're coming from. Are you saying it is right to have censorship or are you saying that no one has to read someone's opposing views? I wasn't talking about swearing but self imposed censorship in fear of reprisal.

No I think you may be mis understanding, it doesnt sensor anything.
it is an app that you can apply to JUST your own computer that filters out swear words that only you choose. Only on your computer no one elses.
they stiil show on whatever place they have been typed but your own screen replaces them.

I think its a great idea. I know some particular swear words that upset people especially aome women, so if they like they can just filter that word if someone posts it.
doesnt affect anyone else, just the 1 user.
Its a choice , winner winner chicken whatsit.
Dont get me wrong, Im a big advocate of free speech

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back