Sussex - Beachy Head - photo

Caz

Does anyone have a photo of Beachy Head and its lighthouse that I could use for promotional purposes for a non-profit making group, please?
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

izwozral

Take your pick and print it? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Beachy+head+lighthouse&safe=active&client=opera&hs=X0X&sxsrf=ACYBGNSob4sVQplQ7ztqpNNlLn7Ig1_kYw:1579041097583&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJ7dO9koTnAhXUTcAKHb2TBq4Q_AUoAnoECBEQBA&biw=1380&bih=674&dpr=1.13

R0B

Take your pick and print it? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Beachy+head+lighthouse&safe=active&client=opera&hs=X0X&sxsrf=ACYBGNSob4sVQplQ7ztqpNNlLn7Ig1_kYw:1579041097583&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJ7dO9koTnAhXUTcAKHb2TBq4Q_AUoAnoECBEQBA&biw=1380&bih=674&dpr=1.13 Might be a royalties/copyright issue?

R0B

Pretty slim chance of someone recognising their own picture methinks, unless it is out of the ordinary. But they don’t need to! Here’s an excerpt from diyphotography.net:- 3.42 Digimarc Of all the prevention techniques I have listed, Digimarc is probably the most thorough and effective. Here is Digimarc’s own description of what they do for images: Digimarc® for Images allows you to embed imperceptible, persistent digital watermarks into your images to communicate ownership and other information — wherever the images travel across the Internet. They offer a number of packages for anything from the small-time professional through to the photography tycoon. A succinct summary of what the service does is this: it adds a digital watermark to one’s images that cannot be removed or changed and means one’s registered images are tracked relentlessly. I know almost nothing about this stuff but we have some decent snappers on this site (@Toffeecat for one), I’m sure they could add more...

R0B

Big Brother has come true after all!!!!:eek::eek: What a sad world we have turned into. Yep, I tried to pass this off as a selfie of me and the lads having a fag and doing a crossword but the 'legal owners' got all arsey :mad:

Caz

Copyright infringement is something that we don't want to get in to - hence my asking on here if anyone has a photo of their own which we could have permission to use.

Reactions: 2cv

Toffeecat

Hi all my pictures are copyright. They contain digital info so anyone nicking them beware! Theres software you can use which scans the internet and will find images you may have taken being used by people. Ones posted on places such as social media may loose copyright so I never use it. If I did have some of beachy I dont mind sending one but sadly I dont. Just be carefull taking pics of the net.

• Thank You
Reactions: Caz

izwozral

Yep, I tried to pass this off as a selfie of me and the lads having a fag and doing a crossword but the 'legal owners' got all arsey :mad: You ain't that bleedin' young!

• Funny
Reactions: R0B

mariesnowgoose

Have you guys never heard of Wikimedia??!! 😲 🤔 I use it all the time for all sorts of stuff. Images are free to use, all you have to do is credit the photographer when you publish. Simples. Here you go, Caz - a link to some of their Beachy Head images:- Beachy Head and Lighthouse images - Wikimedia

NeilyG

Here's some at Public Domain Pictures: https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=135768&picture=beachy-head-lighthouse ( Just did Google image search for 'beach head license free' ) Sorry, doesn't look like its free after all.

Last edited:

mariesnowgoose

Hadn't heard of Wikimedia! Some of the images appear the same on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is a sub-project of Wikimedia, that's why you will see some of the images from Wikimedia used on Wikipedia. 🙂

Caz

Have you guys never heard of Wikimedia??!! 😲 🤔 I use it all the time for all sorts of stuff. Images are free to use, all you have to do is credit the photographer when you publish. Simples. Here you go, Caz - a link to some of their Beachy Head images:- Beachy Head and Lighthouse images - Wikimedia Here's some at Public Domain Pictures: https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=135768&picture=beachy-head-lighthouse ( Just did Google image search for 'beach head license free' ) Sorry, doesn't look like its free after all. Marie - problem is we won't be publishing the photos as such but using them to create something else and there isn't anywhere it can be credited. Neil, thanks for those, it seems it is free for a lower resolution download which is adequate for our purposes, so they will do, Thanks again.