Stonehenge park ups

Bossangel

Good morning friends,
Yesterday we drove back past from Durdle Door and we drove past Stonehenge. The Mrs has never been and asked if we good go in. Me being a tight said no I’m not paying £22 each to walk round the stones.
This morning however she asked if there were any parking spots we can stay the night there and see the stones from the van.
I’m really struggling with the way the new poi’s work. I found it easier with the app.
If anyone can help me win wife points I would be grateful.

it was quite busy on saturday,jusk have to be careful of the bumps

Attachments

• 20200905_114755.jpg
    20200905_114755.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_5736 (2).jpg
    IMG_5736 (2).jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 442
Parked up on The Drove for a couple of nights.

I confirm that the approach from the North, Larkhill, is the better option. Firm but potholed surface but no problem if taken slowly. Pretty risky turning off the extremely busy A303.

Many vehicles parked up, some clearly long stayers.

The striking thing is how clean it all is. No rubbish or worse. It should disavow those who think those who wild camp are the problem at Cowbar!

HOW MUCH ????? £22 each ?????? I had no Idea they were charging such an extortionate amount of money , what a rip off !!
Best to view from the Drove, it's almost the same view as if you pay. Free to EH and NT members though.
I am so old I remember having to pay 2/- to go in. Soon found out that you could just walk in if you got there before the staff did in the morning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back