Stonehenge park ups

Bossangel

Good morning friends,
Yesterday we drove back past from Durdle Door and we drove past Stonehenge. The Mrs has never been and asked if we good go in. Me being a tight said no I’m not paying £22 each to walk round the stones.
This morning however she asked if there were any parking spots we can stay the night there and see the stones from the van.
I’m really struggling with the way the new poi’s work. I found it easier with the app.
If anyone can help me win wife points I would be grateful.

campervanannie

You can park on the Drove its a vehicle accessible dirt track Off the 303 that runs right next to the stones though your better turning in from the Larkhill end look on Google earth.

st3v3

Yes, drive in to the track from the Larkhill end. Willoughby road IIRC.

jo662

We stayed at the drove last night.The track was very bad with potholes getting worse.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:158)

jo662, Edina, colinmd, kernewek, korky, AdriaTwin, nomis64, helmit, Silver sprinter, Okta, wints, antiquesam, n brown, Poacher, landoboguy, Harryw, st3v3, number14, mark61, chrishunter, jeanette, SHABBINS, Monkeybrand, Canalsman, campervanannie, wildebus, JVG, Tim120, castleblack, StreetSleeper, AMcQ46, trevskoda, Keep right on, GreggBear, DocMartin, R0B, brian c, justRoamin, vanmandan, ian1950, Nidge, Windmill, Robmac, Welsh sensei, londontavern, Johnsais, Adria home, Makzine, Raptor15, Philip Tomlinson, Wooie1958, paulhelenwilko, mossypossy, Luckheart, Biggarmac, Penny13, Ted, jann, Debs, thebeeman, molly 2, yorkshireCPLE, s4x4c, VandA, Nabsim, Fitzy, dunfillin, Hycon, hmssnake, TJBi, jacquigem, Debroos, MartinFife, belbri, John and Janet, Justjack, bellars, FarWest, Android, Buzzard, Silvergran, Disconik, Mr B, tugboat, Greengrass, HooTs McGee, Tezza33, peter palance, mistericeman, Obanboy666, Scotia, TeamRienza, rustydog, myvanwy, AgeingRocker, Geraldine, Markd, timatabsa, Jus, davep10000, Tricklands School, DTDOG, nosfunk, terrywolf, pamjon, iandsm, gc1874, vindiboy, 2cv, Heppy, stonedaddy, Steve C, kevlakes, Marzar, Amethyst, Farman, Asterix, NeilT4, Greenwayjay, Steve and Julie, mariesnowgoose, keith49, lthoel2, cornish hymer, dakota, PinkFlowerPetal, TonyB, highlandron, slowpace, Nomad, bryce00, The laird, Dave H, witzend, Ansdell D, Mobilvetta, seamus, barlicker, NSY, Dreamcatchers, skippy 66, Roy Laura, Lee, ton27, SCRUMPY BOY, katv, Sixwheels, Woodyguy, scampa, Mrscake, Gaza1515, peecee, My travel Lodge, Gary, Meloc8, James, flyby, yogibear,