Stay the Night - Scotland Forestry Commission

cancunia

Apologies if this has been posted about before, I first saw it here but it looks quite interesting and will be of use for my intended trip in September.
The 'Stay the Night' scheme looks to have quite a few locations. Are they also in the POI's?

Best to just use the FC website. Easy to use, then you will always have an up-to-date version, because there has been some alterations from last year.

We used several on our trip to Scotland. Although we were never on our own,there was never more than two other vans stopping.

This is a really useful addition to overnight parking availability

search for sites is an app along with park 4 night invaluable for wildcamping in uk & europe
Do the sites Ken mention tend to be busier than our WC POI's or are a very large % on all websites anyway?

most apps overlap the search for sites & WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN are updated almost daily but the POIs have more specific wilding options such as toilets & water lpg etc , there is also britstops free parking at pubs farms & other venues problem is i feel obligated to partake though i’d always sooner put £50 over a bar rather than £20/30 into reception

Looks like the scheme has ended for 2021, perhaps it's worth anyone interested to use the car parks for overnighting to contact them. I'll certainly be doing that today. Maybe they already have some dates in mind to re-start the scheme, I'll post any feedback that I get.

I have never had a problem parking anytime in forestry car parks in Scotland.
Even when visited by a warden. When parking up in Ratagan I had a long chat and a coffee with a warden.

I have never had a problem parking anytime in forestry car parks in Scotland.
Even when visited by a warden. When parking up in Ratagan I had a long chat and a coffee with a warden.
Unfortunately they've made a point of saying that overnighting is no longer allowed. Hopefully they'll reinstate it for 2022.

With all the destruction from storm Arwin in November many FLS carparks are not accessible. This years scheme will probably start 1st April as it has in the past. As soon as I get notification about it I will start a 2022 thread

With all the destruction from storm Arwin in November many FLS carparks are not accessible. This years scheme will probably start 1st April as it has in the past. As soon as I get notification about it I will start a 2022 thread

Thanks. Likewise, I'll post when I hear back.

Unfortunately they've made a point of saying that overnighting is no longer allowed. Hopefully they'll reinstate it for 2022.
Some times is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. They ain’t going to give you permission neither will they force you to leave a carpark as long as you are behaving responsibly.

Some times is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. They ain’t going to give you permission neither will they force you to leave a carpark as long as you are behaving responsibly.
Can see the reasoning behind closing carparks because of storm damage . Not sure why , at normal times , their carparks are shut from October to April ?

Just got this back in an email:

Thank you for your email regarding our Stay the Night trial.
We had an overwhelming response to last years' trial and received a lot of feedback covering a range of views. This feedback, together with our experience of managing the trial is being factored into our discussions as we consider future options for this year and beyond. Any updates or outcomes from our discussions will be posted on our webpage www.forestryandland.gov.scot/staythenight so please check from time to time.

It's a direct quote from the website:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back