Speedy Cables

Marie's on the road again, wearing different clothes again. :) If only we knew someone to record it with those words. 😛

Marie's on the road again, wearing different clothes again. :) If only we knew someone to record it with those words. 😛

Just don't ask @barryd ! :oops: o_O

Only joking, Barry 😜😉

You know sometimes I miss the old forum smileys.
I like a good smiley. All these new ones a la FarceBook just don't cut it for me.

Hmm. You know you're getting really old when you start getting nostalgic about bits of t'interweb! :eek::eek::eek::ROFLMAO::cool:

Cable finally arrived safely today.

Just off in a bit to take it to the garage for fitting (y)

Definitely back on the road sooner rather than later. Yippee!

totoro-funny-dance.gif

Everywhere you turn is like that today, and less and less folk able to do any manual mec work at all, press buttons on a smartphone yes.:mad:
not be-ing to norty for the norm, looks like some-body. needs to move, to another space or job. eliminate-- eliminate. cant do job.get rid of. ok pj.

Sorry to hear plight, Marie? When in business we used a company called https://www.cable-tec.co.uk/ for our cables. We could pop along and they built us new cables while we waited.

Thank you, it's all sorted now.

Speedy Cables did the job alright, just not very speedily... (y) 😂

The bottom line is I think it was probably left hanging round on someone's workbench. It was definitely only done on the day they posted it back, over 3 weeks after they received it. We know this as the garage said Speedy had phoned them that same morning to double check measurements.

Also I think Speedy were maybe a bit baffled that the garage hadn't been able to adjust the cable themselves? Someone else has suggested it might have been possible to safely re-route the slightly longer cable and no need to shorten in the first place as everything else regarding the brake cable fitted correctly for that model chassis/engine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back