Spanish stealth tax

myvanwy

Got alerted to this by a friend of ours who moved out to Spain last year. Following the new speed laws this is one method of enforcing the rules, employed in Andalucia.
Camera car.jpg

Also, be aware that Belgium and possibly other EU countries have followed Australia's lead and are now hiding speed cameras in wheelie bins and other places where they won't be spotted. Unfortunately, it looks like they could also be coming to UK if a 2017 article in the press is to be believed :(

In all the RTAs I attended throughout my time in the fire service hardly any were the result of or involved speeding. But police forces worldwide know how easy it is to catch drivers speeding, and if the speed limit is 30mph and you were doing 35mph your pretty well stuffed.
What should be happening is unmarked police cars driving about looking for what we all see every day. But there are problems here for the police. Say you are accused of tailgating. There is no usable definition for tailgating, to some extent it’s a matter of opinion. People may decide to go to court, and proving definitively that someone was tailgating could be difficult. The police would never be away from the courts and the figures would not look as good, nor the amount of money they collect from fines. So hence why speeding which rarely is involved in accidents remains the mainstay of police road traffic prosecutions. Prosecuting people for going slightly over the speed limit does little or nothing for road safety. Obviously someone doing say 50 in a 30 deserves to be heavily dealt with.

Also, be aware that Belgium and possibly other EU countries have followed Australia's lead and are now hiding speed cameras in wheelie bins and other places where they won't be spotted. Unfortunately, it looks like they could also be coming to UK if a 2017 article in the press is to be believed :(
I like the photo they have of the camera "hidden" in the vehicle ....
1621087433276.png

Subtle.

As revenue's fall they turn the screw .police cars cost money speed cameras sit their and make money, and improve road safety

You have, of course, understood that you'd be approaching that from the back and wouldn't see it until it was too late (assuming you were speeding)...
I didn't read the article - just the photo caption saying how the camera was hidden in the vehicle ...

1621089196035.png

Anyone who claims to have never exceeded a speed limit either through ignorance of the speed limit or through forgetfulness, simply is not being truthful. Modern cars are so quiet, smooth and responsive, this leads us all to exceed the limit Sometimes. Cruise control can even take you over the limit going downhill.
Do you deserve a £100 fine, a 15% increase in your insurance for five years, and your licence endorsed for driving 5mph over a speed limit, I don’t think so.

Anyone who claims to have never exceeded a speed limit either through ignorance of the speed limit or through forgetfulness, simply is not being truthful. Modern cars are so quiet, smooth and responsive, this leads us all to exceed the limit Sometimes. Cruise control can even take you over the limit going downhill.
Do you deserve a £100 fine and your licence endorsed for driving 5mph over a speed limit, I don’t think so.
I never said I had never exceeded the speed limit....

I drive on average 300 miles a day 5 sometimes 6 days of the week

Last speeding offence was 4 or 5 years back (6mph over national speed limit on single carriageway, empty, dry road at a quiet time with excellent visibility.

My fault and lapse of concentration....

BUT I was over the limit end of

I don't hear many folks NOT reckoning that they speed they got caught at was too lenient.

I never said I had never exceeded the speed limit....

I drive on average 300 miles a day 5 sometimes 6 days of the week

Last speeding offence was 4 or 5 years back (6mph over national speed limit on single carriageway, empty, dry road at a quiet time with excellent visibility.

My fault and lapse of concentration....

BUT I was over the limit end of

I don't hear many folks NOT reckoning that they speed they got caught at was too lenient.

I have just found your post. #11
I was not replying to you.
If I had done so I would have done as I am doing now.
Trying to stay within the speed limit constantly is not easy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back