Spanish Gas cylinders

mike w

Planning the M/H first trip to Spain, our gas locker will only accept a pair of 6kg propane cyls. Current foreign set up is one French Le Cube cyl. and a 6kg Calor.
I have been offered a Spanish bottle and regulator, albeit too large for the gas locker.
Question is does any one know if there is a smaller size available in Spain that I could exchange this one at a supermarket etc. Refillable is not a route I wish to follow.
Thanks Mike

Yes the garage near me dose them most will but you have to pay a deposit if you have not got one to exchange (y)

I've not been looking but haven't spotted any small Repsol Propane bottles there is smaller butane bottles. Thats not saying there are none just that you may end up using butane. I use Repsol when in Spain its a 11 kg bottle not much higher than a 6kg Calor propane but wider

I've not been looking but haven't spotted any small Repsol Propane bottles there is smaller butane bottles. Thats not saying there are none just that you may end up using butane. I use Repsol when in Spain its a 11 kg bottle not much higher than a 6kg Calor propane but wider
Thanks everyone, I am not fussed if its Butane, just the diameter of the cyl. I can only fit 10inch. The links supplied by R4dent early show Repsol doing a nice 6kg cyl, but still to big.
Plan B would be to buy this 2nd hand Repsol cyl and connect it into an external BBQ point to use while abroad, just means I have to secure it in the m/h while travelling.
I'm sure that idea will start a new debate :)

Connecting via an external BBQ point is not recommended, but I know some people do it. Why not buy a longer rubber tube and use it to connect to an outside cylinder? If you do use a BBQ point you need an interior cylinder (switched off) with a regulator and an exterior cylinder (switched on) which also has a regulator.

You may find the bbq point has a non return valve stopping you from that little plan. For good reason as well. Ultimately an appropriate pig tail for the new bottle and assuming regulator is 30 mbar off you go finding a place to store your now spare bottle the biggest issue

I can remember a gas bottle delivery lorry in Spain, while they were delivering, a guy climbed on the lorry and had a gas bottle away :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back