Spain/Portugal where are you?

REC

Adams ghostship is Dave's favourite! Brewery a few miles from our home.
Glad you got sorted!

sonic650

Time it to tour

As there are quite a few of us wandering around the Iberian Peninsula, chasing the weather☀,just thought it would be nice to have a thread for saying where we are and any recommendations for stopovers🛏/sights to see🕍/places to eat🍤or drink🍷and maybe meet up:blah:
Hi to all,
My wife and I touring Northern Spain at the moment
Tumblr
My scribblings of our travels so far

iampatman

Bilbao ferry port lined up with many, many UK vans and caravans waiting for tomorrow’s ferry to Portsmouth.

Pat

John H

Bilbao ferry port lined up with many, many UK vans and caravans waiting for tomorrow’s ferry to Portsmouth.

Pat
Hi Pat - we are in the aire above Bilbao and will be on the ferry to Portsmouth on Wednesday. Getting the bus into town tomorrow to see what the place has to offer - other than the Guggenheim, which we can see from up here. Have a good crossing.

REC

Parked for night at Mirador de la presa overlooking puente de Alcantara. Loads of wildcamping available in the parkland around it. There is a campsite up here but it's closed. Haven't seen a soul not even walkers. Came from Portugal from Castello Branco via a beautiful road through mountainous countryside on N240 to Spain.
P_20190425_173943_1_p.jpg
First parkup then moved to better view!

rockape

We have motorhome mates arriving soon. East of Faro is pretty crammed,along the coast.
Can anyone comment on the situation further west?..
Ps.
If someone is coming this way, can they bring us a small pack of simple Bio washing powder, for our cassette?
Long shot, but we could get lucky?
long shit or long shot, my eyesight is bad.

REC

Stopped for lunch by another reservoir near valdecanas. Decided to stay as so peaceful! Got view of snow on the mountains, bright blue water, birds and wild flowers!

Attachments

Pauljenny

Looking like we'll be stuck in Santa Catarina for another couple of weeks.
Jenny, the driver is getting over a dose of Shingles.

Looking forward to visiting Jerez de los Caballeros, north of Seville.

Pauljenny

After just a a month short of 20 years, spending 6 months in a 6 metre van and overwintering in a cottage on The Algarve, We had to say goodbye to our beloved Bentley Indigo.

A large truck is taking it back to Derby, Where it's builder, Richard, works for a small dealership.
We hope to keep in touch here... And on 't other side.
We shall be spending longer periods down here.
Anyone passing by , with or without problems, is welcome to contact us.
If we can help in any way, we will.
Even if it's helping you clear the odd bottle of booze, if you have payload problems.

Harleyboygaz3

Paul and Jenny, a sad day I’m sure to say goodbye to you’re pride and joy. Like you’ve said though, have got lots of many happy memories of being on the road with so many different places you have seen ( If we get to see half of what you have,we’ll be well pleased) Anyway, on a happy note, we are both so glad we met you both when we did. Glad you are also going to spend a bit more time here . As our neighbours With or without van I’m sure you’ll be seeing more of us, better get some more stock in !!! 🍺🍷 Catch up soon. All the best G& T. X for Jenny

Harleyboygaz3

Obidos

Arrived yesterday afternoon and parked up on free large car park right next to the beautiful walled village of Obidos. Had a cuppa and ventured in, Wow what a stunning little place, walked around the lovely narrow streets then had a glass of red wine outside to finish at a friendly little bar & Restaurant. Car park was lovely and quiet so slept well, only 4 other French vans all huddled next to each other so we picked the far corner 😎 Well recommend the place , best to look round early morning or evening when most of the tourists have gone, gets very busy..

Attachments

Pauljenny

I was going to post a picture of a frosted schooner of beer,
But supped it too quickly.
I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

Harleyboygaz3

Nazaré

So,we left Obidos later this morning and headed for the coast via Caldas da Rainha,Foz do Arelho, Sao Martinho do Porto then finally to Nazaré. Very nice scenic coast run through some pretty little villages till we reached Nazaré. Parked almost in centre but place was pretty busy with lots of tourists so had lunch in a pleasant restaurant just off the front. Then went up in cable car and walked down to the lighthouse overlooking North beach, stunning 360 deg. views. Then walked back down to centre and decided too many vans around so moved slightly north to a lovely spot on cliffs for the night.

Attachments

Pauljenny

Stoppit. Gary,
You're making our feet itch, but bringing back such lovely memories.
If you get a chance to see a local bullfight.. Do so, just for the experience..
It's so much different from the barbaric Spanish ones.
Keep the reports coming.

Pauljenny

Manta Rota.. Update.
Just visited, this evening... Not a single MH on the aire.
5 vans parked, just outside the main capark, now marked by , P. Parking signs,saying except for motorhomes..
I wonder if that will change, in Autumn...?

Harleyboygaz3

Tomar

So, what a lovely night we had in Nazaré all could be heard we’re the waves crashing in. Had a good walk on the beach first thing this morning couple of fisherman and one old fisherman with a dog. Went and had a word with him and he was bass fishing with a long line with feathers. Asked him if he’d caught anything and he pulled out a nice bass, remember for next time to bring my rods.. Just arrived at Tomar and have settled into the old campsite which is now free of charge with water, waste disposal grey and black and free cold showers, very nice spot indeed with private spots to park grass etc. 👍

Pauljenny

Travelling down ..?
There's loads of information on this thread..
Anyone about at present. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)