Soutra Aisle POI shameful behaviour.

izwozral

Stopped over at Soutra Aisle poi and found this fly tipping.

Over 70 tyres
Two suites
Two settees
Fridge freezer
Bath
Mattress

And much more.

This is on the car park of an ancient monument of historical interest both religious and medical, near to Galashiels. Please Google Soutra Aisle to find out more.

If any of our Scottish members would care to write to the appropriate body about this appalling mess, they would be doing all a great service.
We will write ourselves upon our return home.
Such a shame that something of such historical importance is treated so badly.

Had it not been so late in the day we would have moved on. We only gained access by moving the suite, mattress and numerous tyres, most of which is hidden in the under growth which is actually part of the car park.
Believe me, there is a lot more dumped than in the photographs.

S
IMG_20200910_093344.jpg
IMG_20200910_093335.jpg
IMG_20200910_095131.jpg
IMG_20200910_093256.jpg
IMG_20200910_095143.jpg
IMG_20200910_094946.jpg

Shocking I know, but I always report fly tipping to my local council via their website. To be fair, they usually collect it within 10 days. I have even done same when outside my own area.

Unfortunately the rubbish appears to have been there quite some time. Under all the grass and nettles that you see is actually hardstanding. I estimate 30 or so cars could park within the area once it was cleared.
The tyres are obviously from a tyre business, if found they should get a maximum fine and imprisonment IMHO.
Some body or other has taken the time and expense to erect many story boards around the monument and the grass is kept short, just a pity the same care isn't taken with the car park. The alternative is to park on the narrow road, effectively blocking it.
Perhaps the council will do s something once someone is killed?

It could be a lovely place but has unfortunately always been a fly tipping hotspot. If it’s not council property it’s down to the landowners to remove the rubbish. Someone dumped asbestos roof panels in a lay-by not far from me and it cost the landowner a lot to get it removed.

Last edited:
Stopped over at Soutra Aisle poi and found this fly tipping.

Over 70 tyres
Two suites
Two settees
Fridge freezer
Bath
Mattress

And much more.

This is on the car park of an ancient monument of historical interest both religious and medical, near to Galashiels. Please Google Soutra Aisle to find out more.

If any of our Scottish members would care to write to the appropriate body about this appalling mess, they would be doing all a great service.
We will write ourselves upon our return home.
Such a shame that something of such historical importance is treated so badly.

Had it not been so late in the day we would have moved on. We only gained access by moving the suite, mattress and numerous tyres, most of which is hidden in the under growth which is actually part of the car park.
Believe me, there is a lot more dumped than in the photographs.
Dirty bar stewards

SView attachment 86578View attachment 86580View attachment 86581View attachment 86582View attachment 86583View attachment 86584

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back