someone’s not having a good day

rugbyken

terrible start to someone’s escape no info on damage but looks nasty
6CE7B7BD-1A5C-42FE-817E-0AB855D2185B.jpeg

That looks like a tow car behind that’s been totally gutted.

I knocked about on a FB self build camper van group for a while, unfortunately I think a few of those built over lockdown will go up in flames this year plus the possibility of a log burner going through the windscreen in a emergency brake/impact scenario. :(

not sure but believe there’s an issue with towing smart cars have to be done on an ambulance trolley prevents their transmission overheating could be something like that ?

poor folks. At least they got out alive so can start again I guess.

It reminds me that I must update my contents list. Too late for many of the receipts but a list may help if catastrophe hits.

not sure but believe there’s an issue with towing smart cars have to be done on an ambulance trolley prevents their transmission overheating could be something like that ?
Assuming you mean "A" frame towing... Some Smart cars are suitable for "A" some aren't. Depends on gearbox. If anyone is thinking of doing this I suggest a little research first. If "Hospital trolley" means a dolly with 2 car wheels on dolly and 2 on the road. These are illegal except for recovery purposes.

I would also point out that the car in this case was not a Smart car.

This has just reminded me of travelling back through France last Oct. A site we stayed on had a MH with a small car. (wished I took a pic now) When they where about to leave site, the guy put the car onto a purpose made two wheel trailer. He winched the car on and it sits in 4 depressions for the wheels. Perfect fit with no trailer base protruding. Just ratchet straps to keep in place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back