Some people!!!

linkshouse

We’re parked up for the day now at Baile An Or.

EBDFB17A-D5D8-419D-84E0-5C1C181F696D.jpeg

We noticed when we arrived that they (local council?) have added a new large bin beside the original standard one. If you have bright eyes you can just see it in the distance to the left of the silver Subaru suv.

In the further distance is a motorhome. The owners passed our van a little while back walking their dogs, complete with poo bag in hand. What good citizens. Then, as they walked passed the new bin they just lobbed the bag at the bin where it landed on the floor!

Why pick it up at all if you’re not going to dispose of it properly!

Hmm 🤔 :oops: :eek:

They generally seem to hang them on trees. Some sort of weird Christmas decoration?
I think the mentality is that someone might be watching while they pick it up, but then when they feel safe, they’ll lob it away.

We’re parked up for the day now at Baile An Or.

View attachment 86857
We noticed when we arrived that they (local council?) have added a new large bin beside the original standard one. If you have bright eyes you can just see it in the distance to the left of the silver Subaru suv.

In the further distance is a motorhome. The owners passed our van a little while back walking their dogs, complete with poo bag in hand. What good citizens. Then, as they walked passed the new bin they just lobbed the bag at the bin where it landed on the floor!

Why pick it up at all if you’re not going to dispose of it properly!

Hmm 🤔 :oops: :eek:
Photograph of their van, so they will have to sell it to avoid the shame?

Last edited:
We live near the Fell and they do exactly that they collect it in the little black bags and either hang them from the trees or elk to the end of the path and leave them in little well biggish piles where there’s a doggy bin coming out of the Fell, surely it would be better in a way to get a branch and flick (maybe not the right word) it into the side than leave a plastic bag hanging on a branch at least then it would disappear!!

We live near the Fell and they do exactly that they collect it in the little black bags and either hang them from the trees or elk to the end of the path and leave them in little well biggish piles where there’s a doggy bin coming out of the Fell, surely it would be better in a way to get a branch and flick (maybe not the right word) it into the side than leave a plastic bag hanging on a branch at least then it would disappear!!
That's what I always did when in the countryside, when we had the dog. I've even been on National Trust land where they've hung paddles by the car park for that purpose. At least I think that's what they were for.

National Trust now request you to do just that. I think they actually term it stick and flick. Poo in the undergrowth will just rot down in weeks. Poo in a plastic bag will take month if bio-degradable, years if not.

To be honest though it isn’t just the dog poo aspect that galls me so much as the level of laziness that drops it right next to a bin rather than put it inside.

I can never understand that to be honest linkshouse how lazy some people can and are lazy,I’ve seen some in cars when we’ve been on Ayr sea front open the car doors and just drop their rubbish out and the bin is only a couple of steps away!!.. and not just young ones either

I think what you’re saying is excrement is better at biodegrading than a plastic bag.

'Stick and flick' is a new sensible approach in CERTAIN places....
Where its flicked into the rough, it will degrade quick enough....
However 'flicking' it to somewhere where its likely to be stood in is frankly not on....

I reserve a certain unpleasant place in hell for those that bag and don't dispose of in a civilised way.

Mind that particular department would be very busy in 'My' hell as it would be populated by a plethora of people that frankly are just wasting oxygen

'Stick and flick' is a new sensible approach in CERTAIN places....
Where its flicked into the rough, it will degrade quick enough....
However 'flicking' it to somewhere where its likely to be stood in is frankly not on....

I reserve a certain unpleasant place in hell for those that bag and don't dispose of in a civilised way.

Mind that particular department would be very busy in 'My' hell as it would be populated by a plethora of people that frankly are just wasting oxygen

Hmm. Maybe we could set up a joint world dictatorship? :unsure::devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

I've just done a poo patrol of our garden & I left the little baggie next to our wheelie-bin! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why? The bin has just been emptied & we don't want a poo bag in the bottom of the bin that will burst when the first bit of heavy rubbish gets chucked in. I'll wait until it has something to cushion it.

I remember watching two women standing talking to each other on the pavement. One of them had two small dogs and one of them went behind her and pooped on the pavement. She had no idea what they were doing because she wasn’t watching them. Anyway, karma was, because when she left, she walked backwards, trod in it then spent the next ten minutes cleaning her shoe.

Pleased to see someone else calls it “the poo patrol” although I use a shovel and on completion of said “patrol” around the garden, I lift the manhole cover near the back door and drop contents in. They simply enter the sewage system with the help of a bucket of water. This is also how I empty my cassette.

I have never sought the written permission of the owner, but have given my self verbal permission!!

Davy

I was out walking my dog (I was in my wheelchair) a few weeks ago when I saw a bloke flick a used poo bag into the undergrowth. It took me a minute or two to catch up to him by which time he was back in his car. What he didn't know was that I had used my Handiscoop to pick up his bag and he still had his door open. I dropped my little 'surprise' into his lap and said 'you forgot this'. He went completely crazy and in his panic split the bag as he grabbed at it.

Another walker came over at that moment to give him a load of abuse too - he'd seen what I did and thought it was brilliant. As the offender drove off with his tail between his legs (and dog crap all over his hand and seat), the two of us almost wet ourselves laughing. If only I'd had it on camera. :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back