Shower tray repair

runnach

There has been a couple of “ how to” facilitate shower tray repairs recently and the enclosed pictures give an idea of the finish that can be achieved.

This particular repair was carried out on a ceramic tray, which was glued and reinforced,the speedcoat adding additional strength but flexibility

Although the repair was straightforward the alternative of removing panels to get at the tray would have made labour costs sky rocket and frankly a job you wouldn’t want to do surrounded by expensive and hard to source ceramic tiles.

Attachments

• B540A10B-600E-44C7-B470-EB41DDA37CA4.jpeg
    B540A10B-600E-44C7-B470-EB41DDA37CA4.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 153
  • A56E1891-AE6B-40EB-8F26-AF7703F51396.jpeg
    A56E1891-AE6B-40EB-8F26-AF7703F51396.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 143
There has been a couple of “ how to” facilitate shower tray repairs recently and the enclosed pictures give an idea of the finish that can be achieved.

This particular repair was carried out on a ceramic tray, which was glued and reinforced,the speedcoat adding additional strength but flexibility

Although the repair was straightforward the alternative of removing panels to get at the tray would have made labour costs sky rocket and frankly a job you wouldn’t want to do surrounded by expensive and hard to source ceramic tiles.

Ceramic tiles wow how heavy is your van?

The shower tray in our van was done with speedcoat by the dealer we bought it off. It is still holding up like the day we got it over two and a half years ago. The finish on ours feels slightly non slip which I must say I prefer. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it as an option 👍

After four shower trays breaking in our Chausoon. Yes everything being taken out we went with speed coat. Never had a problem since. Luckily the replacements where on warranty.
I believe if you have a shower tray that cracks and is still in warranty you can see if the dealer will accept speed coat to do the job. They often say yes as speed coat offer a lifetime warranty.
All it took was one day and we even slept in the MH overnight outside the Ludlow dealers whist it dried. Excellent service with a lift into town as well and a cat sitter :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back