Seitz Blinds and frames

You say you have faith in the one man band. But you think he might not open up. I would just fit the new blind and hang fire to the guy you trust opens up Even if he doesn't open up. He needs to get another job. So he will be glad to get the job to make a shilling. Out of curiosity did you price a new full windows. To see what the difference was. To maybe recoup some of your money.

Sadly I think it's health preventing reopening in this case rather than economics. A real shame.

I didn't price the whole window, but I don't think it would have helped. More to do with the thickness of the motor home walls meaning the frame needs to be reduced to suit.

I have just found an email received from the supplier following purchase explaining why the frames need trimming as follows...

Shame they didn't tell me this before I bought them.

By the way, instructions were not supplied!

Seitz framed camper van motorhome caravan windows are installed by screwing the inner frame to the outer frame. The window is ready for installation to a wall thickness of 26 mm. For wall thickness from 1 mm to 25 mm a supplementary frame will have to be fitted to the window aperture. For wall thickness from 27 mm to 42 mm, the inner frame will have to be trimmed. For wall thickness from 43 mm to 53 mm, the outer frame will have to be fitted with timber strips. All these modifications and additions are fully and simply explained in the installation instruction supplied with the window

Got caught on the small heki rooflight 2 different thickness sizes had to modify it but that was easy

<snip>

A long ramble, but I do have a question. Can anyone recommend a company to cut/mill plastic in the Worcester/ Kidderminster area?

<snip>
Don't know about cutting/milling plastic, but you might try Edwards Motorhomes, 01905 828820 - speak to John Smith in Service.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back