Scottish adventure.

I tend to head straight up from Bedfordshire to Applecross in one hit. It's 577 miles and takes about 12 hours with a stop for breakfast.

After a few days in Applecross I usually have a slow drive back with single night stops to see the rest of Scotland and Northern England.
Damn Rob that would be at least a six week trip for me, I don’t see the point in driving for long each day but I suppose it’s easier when you are retired 👍😁😁

I do like Applecross but it is a long way and there are cool alternatives.

Hello for west Wales.

We looked at Scotland for a trip in September but were put off by the thought of midges. Might be worth researching them and what you can do to reduce their effect on you.
'Smidge' is good and many people swear by Avon 'Skin-so-Soft'. if you find somewhere with a stiff breeze you should be ok, otherwise an army surplus flame-thrower is effective ;-D

Not trying to be detrimental here; but I will say that going up and over to Applecross in a 7.5m? Motorhome may not be the best move unless you have experience of such roads with the size of vehicle… just saying.

It is certainly something to think about, we had our eyes opened on some stretches of the Pyranees recently.

I live in Scotland and is is bigger than you think! You can spend too much time driving.

My recommendation is to stay in the south and look at Kirkcudbright, Arran and the Campbeltown peninsula. Oban too if time permits, then home via Glasgow and the M74.

That is a good mix. Ferries, beaches, scenery, walking and history.
Thanks, we have previously done oban and all around that side so we are heading east coast this time, hopefully a bit quieter at the mo x

IMG-20210727-WA0008.jpg
hadrians wall, short version 👍

Screenshot_20210817-122615_Maps.jpg
3 weeks, over 2000 miles and plenty of adventures!! Good fun was had by all.
Thank you to everyone who gave us some advice along the way. Scotland, you were amazing!!!!
The only disaster was an electric toothbrush falling in the toilet cassette 🤢

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back