Scarborough? Overnights?

moelfreligwy

Hey guys anyone please tell me where you can overnight in Scarborough?
Even pay and display ( overnight) ?
Many years ago we could park past the clock tower ( everywhere was permits )
Any help please we have a self build campervan! ?

Sealife carpark for sure.. pay during the day, but not at night, and has a good pub right on the waters edge, where you can keep an eye on your van.
We always pay for a days parking after overnighting there, (I think was £6 last time) which hopefully helps keep this car park available for us motorhomers.
There is a bus that turns round next to the car park and will take you into town if you are not keen on the lengthy walk along the coast path.

Defo sea life as said pub does a no bad bite to eat .nice to give them custom as the car park at night is foc,
You may hear the noises during the night it’s the seals arfing.

Last edited:
Re:sea life parking

Many thanks for your help 👍
Reasonable charges

Sealife carpark for sure.. pay during the day, but not at night, and has a good pub right on the waters edge, where you can keep an eye on your van.
We always pay for a days parking after overnighting there, (I think was £6 last time) which hopefully helps keep this car park available for us motorhomers.
There is a bus that turns round next to the car park and will take you into town if you are not keen on the lengthy walk along the coast path.

Many thanks For your help !

Was you in a motorhomes/ campervans?
Only the website says no sleeping overnight???
Scarborough council website

Lol
Only planning on 1 night stopover I can understand how these things get abused !

That's the downside of the internet. Information can be easily gleaned by anyone on most forums. The one at Scarborough is a well known one anyway, I have used it a few times myself.

It can get 'lively' over the weekend. We have had boy racers and one time 4 lads started a game of football .... at 3 in the morning. :raofl:

Was you in a motorhomes/ campervans?
Only the website says no sleeping overnight???
Scarborough council website

Yes, I was in my motorhome. I did look for signs re parking/sleeping but didn’t seen any. A couple of weeks before I had spoken to the parking attendant and he said you could overnight and implied it was encouraged in order to discourage boy racers. When we were there, particularly Sat night, there wasn’t really space for boy racers (I had read other reviews that they can be a problem though).

I think in the past the sea life centre has been targeted by vandals. Motorhomes staying overnight has stopped this, so they are quite happy with our presence.

The sea life centre ARE happy that motorhomes stop there as you said this has curbed their stupid behaviour towards the premises and animals thank goodness,in the morning even the young guy who collects the rubbish the gulls pull out the bins is a decent lad ,just make sure you get a ticket b4 eight am I think or you will get done !

We like it here but on last visit September last year we were parked up the back and were stood outside camper talking to motorhome next door when all of a sudden motorbikes scrambler types came flying over the grass :scared::scared:hump by the waterworks place nearly knocked us flying little g,ts. And the boy racers are a problem..shame. Wouldn't stop us going there though as easy walk into town..

Regards mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back