Roads Are Quiet

Asterix

Free Member
Which is why it's a mystery to me how three cars managed to have a pile up on the Wareham bridge this morning,all are complete write offs,the driver's of two were out and one looked like he was trapped. Two ambulances,fire and police were all heading that way as I got a few miles up the road. It's beyond me how it happened as it's just near the roundabout and I'd expect none should be doing more than 20mph on approach,but it looked like a head on.

Which is why it's a mystery to me how three cars managed to have a pile up on the Wareham bridge this morning,all are complete write offs,the driver's of two were out and one looked like he was trapped. Two ambulances,fire and police were all heading that way as I got a few miles up the road. It's beyond me how it happened as it's just near the roundabout and I'd expect none should be doing more than 20mph on approach,but it looked like a head on.

That'll be somebody being stupid and treating the empty road like Brand's Hatch?

Could be wrong, but I'll lay a fiver on the probability 😟

Yes, I'd put a fiver on it too. Been a few numpties round here too now roads are pretty empty.
And I'm missing it, haven't driven in over two weeks 😂

We can hear them speeding around us scary on these lanes. And lorries 🚛 going by more frequently taking short cuts and at speed :(

Accident on a Saturday Morning, probably after a Friday Night drinking session ... only need one idiot (drunk or not) have have an accident.

Here is a prime example ...

we live on a dual carriageway with no speed cameras . it goes from single lane to dual about 2-300 yds away , and you can hear the cars and bikes winding up so they're screaming when they go past . absolutely mindless and thoughtless behaviour !
but if i was a bit [well ,a lot ] younger with the reflexes these youngsters have , i'd be screaming past them -ah the sheer joy of a fast bike and an empty road !

we live on a dual carriageway with no speed cameras . it goes from single lane to dual about 2-300 yds away , and you can hear the cars and bikes winding up so they're screaming when they go past . absolutely mindless and thoughtless behaviour !
but if i was a bit [well ,a lot ] younger with the reflexes these youngsters have , i'd be screaming past them -ah the sheer joy of a fast bike and an empty road !

I think a lot of the older riders don't appreciate that they've not got the reflexes of their youth,does seem to be quite a few getting killed on high powered bikes. Or maybe they just prefer to die doing what they love.

There were two big motorhomes parked on the seafront yesterday, one had been there for three days apparently, and the local constabulary were sat waiting for the owners to return. An interesting conversation to listen in on I think.

OCTOBER 24, 2013. You could have found a more recent one lol
Has another drunk driver driven into that tree since?

The point was stupid/bad/drink drivers don't need anyone else on the road - or within tens or hundreds of miles of them to have an accident :D

Virtually no traffic here in the Dales apart from the odd local going off shopping and a fair few Tractors as farmers are all working as normal but every now and again you get some moron tanking it around the country lanes. This is a worry as now of course locals are out exercising in the same country lanes. Sooner or later someone will get wiped out or the moron thinking he is at Brands Hatch will come face to face with a ten ton John Deere. I hope its the latter.

Whats the hurry anyway, nobody has to go to work :)

Hi Asterix, we are in the very northern tip of Dorset and near the A303, it has not been quiet here and I'm surprised at the amount of traffic still on the 303. I am concerned about the number of people westbound, probably from London going to their second homes in Devon and Cornwall with the risk of carrying the virus from the UK epicenter out into the provinces

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back