Ripped off ?

I don't need to re-read ;) I got it the first time. You were not surprised, and whilst not condoning it, you didn't appear to express any disappointment in the practice either, which is fine. I am, but that is my opinion.

Right now, options are limited with campsites, so the OP is very likely not in a position to easily relocate to another site.

If you talk about the caravan and motorhome club they have sites available for " full time " motorhome/caravan owners during lockdown. You should phone them.
I have no idea where they are though. They set it up for people returning from Europe.
I don't know about the ccc.
If you tow the caravan with the motorhome is it not a "unit". Just sumising it's not a static caravan.
These are the contact details, but I think you would have to be a member.
Email: enquiries@camc.com

Tel: 01342 326 944

Address: Caravan and Motorhome Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA

These are the contact details, but I think you would have to be a member.
Email: enquiries@camc.com

Tel: 01342 326 944

Address: Caravan and Motorhome Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA
I guessed they were members as they said they were on a CL. Technically you need to be a member , if not the farmers wife is in the wrong

If you take the trouble to re read, I said I wasn’t surprised not I condoned what she was doing . Having worked literally on countless commercial caravan sites nothing surprises me..some charge for pup tents ,some charge per dog , some CHARGE if more than one vehicle can be occupied there are so many permutations very little surprises

If however she made that clear does the Op not have opportunity to accept or decline?
Yes I had the opportunity to decline and did, who in their right mind was going to pay £900 and odd to grreedy landlady. However this still left my wife marooned and not being able to move the caravan. If the caravan had stayed she would still have charged the same price ! As she said it was taking up space. The woman is extremely greedy and without scruples unfortunately we didn't realise this until several months had passed. Do not make out that we could have done anything different under the circumstances, my wife is still working and she needs to be as close to work as possible. Unlike me she did not want to wild camp under the lock down. Regards to you sir.

When you finally get to move on get the local Home Guard along to say your goodbyes for you...
iu.jpeg

I'm not getting to involved in the legalities of this but we've been using CL sites as a base since 2007 for months if not years at a time , the most we have paid is what we are paying now £10 per night, electric included and water hooked up, with all our vehicles ie the motorcaravan (a converted 7.5 ton lorry) my van a renault traffic and the wifes car. I certainly think you are paying over the odds, one thought probably none of our business but couldn't you have parked the van elsewhere (storage etc ) and lived in the caravan with your wife till this all blows over.

Sounds more like they want you off the site. Best look elsewhere as this is totally unreasonable. Really charging for a second unit when it’s just a mode of transport. I only pay £50 to store my van on a site per month.

do they actually have a licence for long term or even full time ? seems dodgy to me. A CL is only licensed for a 28 day stay.

They probably get away with it because they are locked down fulltiming Roger?

do they actually have a licence for long term or even full time ? seems dodgy to me. A CL is only licensed for a 28 day stay.
You are correct which is why I said I wouldn't get involved in the legalities of the situation, we full timers have to do what we can to get around certain things,as it happens we tend to move the motor caravan off the site for at least one weekend per month most of the year when possible ,at the moment the site is closed and we were allowed to stay put.

Why would you need to be careful?
Because I don't want my wife to be kicked off when she and the caravan have nowhere to go at present. We are waiting for a flat to view at the moment but obviously that is taking time due to the situation.

Because I don't want my wife to be kicked off when she and the caravan have nowhere to go at present. We are waiting for a flat to view at the moment but obviously that is taking time due to the situation.

I fully understand that.

I think you have been vague enough with your location not to give anything away to the site owner if she happened to read this. But somebody may know somewhere in your general vicinity which could help.

You state you've been living with your wife in the caravan, but then said if you arrive in the camper? Surely the camper was already on site? Have you by any chance now stopped paying for the shed? I don't see a problem with her original charge, purely because you were happy with that from the start, even though I personally think it's excessive and would never have paid that. If you've now stopped paying her for the hire of the shed then I could understand why she would now want to charge for the camper, after all, greedy or not it's her land to charge as she wants, I do think she is being unreasonable to try this on during lockdown but hey that's what some are like, is there absolutely nowhere you can park nearby? Annoying as it may be, also as you would be fulltiming without bricks and mortar then you could stay there til we get the all clear.

whilst charging a day rate for visiting may seem over the top, I know many sites that do, not mine unless visitors stay overnight of course, a CL is limited to 5 vans and every one of them counts. £17 a day is lot but remember does include water, electric, waste, black, grey and rubbish removal, TV licence and community charge when staying long term. CL's are not designed for long term residents, as previously said 28 day max stay. so her licence is at risk, a good bargaining chip. Until sites reopen she is stuck there and cannot be removed by the site owner. The high rent aside, after all it is what you agreed to. Expecting to keep two vans on the site is not on really on unless one is just stored in the shed unused. Move on ASAP before word goes around that you are the trouble makers, ha ha

whilst charging a day rate for visiting may seem over the top, I know many sites that do, not mine unless visitors stay overnight of course, a CL is limited to 5 vans and every one of them counts. £17 a day is lot but remember does include water, electric, waste, black, grey and rubbish removal, TV licence and community charge when staying long term. CL's are not designed for long term residents, as previously said 28 day max stay. so her licence is at risk, a good bargaining chip. Until sites reopen she is stuck there and cannot be removed by the site owner. The high rent aside, after all it is what you agreed to. Expecting to keep two vans on the site is not on really on unless one is just stored in the shed unused. Move on ASAP before word goes around that you are the trouble makers, ha ha

We thought about running a CL/CS if we were able to move but some people on here don't realize the costs to the site owner and if there is no money in it then just let it grow weeds.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back