Ripped off ?

£17 a day! Seems a bit steep for a CL, especially as it’s a long term arrangement. I would be tempted to have a look around to find somewhere more agreeable and cheaper.
I am guessing a factor in his initial choice was that he also had access to a large covered area to work on his bus conversion at a fairly decent rate of £120?.

But not going to argue it does not sound a bargain.

If you prefer to avoid confrontation is there nowhere you can park close to the c.l and then walk to visit your wife. She can't charge you to park then.
Since I wouldn't pay the rent for the camper/tow car she as invoked the lock down and says I am risking the other poor buggers who are stuck there paying the £19 a day.

Can't go on the site due to lockdown she as to come to me and that is not always convenient.
Do you normally live together full time?
Has your wife any health issues?
I'm currently thinking this is a serious breach of your human rights and may even fall into or under the slavery act or some form of abuse.
But I am no expert.
It sounds like you are going to be made homeless or are homeless already. I would start with the council. Housing department. Make sure you write down who you have spoken too ( council ) Start making a written list of events with dates. This helps for clarity.
If you have been assaulted by the landlord what date time was this. Were there any witnesses.
You need an advocate, normally Citizens advise would support you but they are closed. I should think the council would know someone who can support hopefully.
Good luck and keep us posted.

If you talk about the caravan and motorhome club they have sites available for " full time " motorhome/caravan owners during lockdown. You should phone them.
I have no idea where they are though. They set it up for people returning from Europe.
I don't know about the ccc.
If you tow the caravan with the motorhome is it not a "unit". Just sumising it's not a static caravan.

What an awful situation. Presumably it is illegal for her to have people on the site anyway at the moment....
Dobbing her in would only result in your wife being chucked out and I guess that is not your aim at the mo.
If there is a solution I'm sure someone on here will find it!

Question and answer from caravan and motorhome club
Why have small CLs had to close as well as the larger sites?
Government guidelines have mandated that all caravan sites are closed for the foreseeable future, no matter what size. People are being asked to limit any unnecessary travel and stay at home.

Going on this it looks like the two of you are homeless, you could try "age concern" for an answer to your problem as they look to be open.

The Woman in Question hasn't actually said he cannot see his wife ? the poster says that she said that IF he arrives in the Camper he MUST pay the camping rate for it, so if he arrives in a car ???

If only I could. The lock down as made a problem with moving caravans.
Thoughts;
As things have broken down between yourself and the landlord and she has been violent towards you. Once you have found somewhere else to go and stay ( if that's possible ) you could go to the local police station and explain the situation and get a letter allowing you to move from A to B. The letter or recorded permission would just cover you should you be stopped by the police.
On the other hand the police may wish to speak to the farmers wife about her violent outburst. If they feel an offence has taken place they could press charges.

Becoming hostile to the point of being violent, is totally different to actually being violent. So the question is was the op physically assaulted or was it fear he was about to be assaulted ? People are making assumpttions.

As for the rate charged on the caravan I see no reason to complain, a simple offer to treat and an acceptance.

Now the van is habitablea I am not surprised she wants to charge accordingly , but has named that clear in her offer which the op either accepts or doesn’t

although it’s sad the wife won’t live in the van that’s your problem and no reflection on the site owners

Becoming hostile to the point of being violent, is totally different to actually being violent. So the question is was the op physically assaulted or was it fear he was about to be assaulted ? People are making assumpttions.

As for the rate charged on the caravan I see no reason to complain, a simple offer to treat and an acceptance.

Now the van is habitablea I am not surprised she wants to charge accordingly , but has named that clear in her offer which the op either accepts or doesn’t

although it’s sad the wife won’t live in the van that’s your problem and no reflection on the site owners
So if someone towed a caravan with a van that has a bed in it, and occupied a standard pitch designed for an "outfit" of Caravan and tow vehicle, it is right to charge them a double rate? really?
One of my customers has a VW T5 as a weekend/overnight away vehicle, but when he goes away for a week or so, he will take his caravan but tow it with his T5. I bet he doesn't get charged double-bubble!

So if someone towed a caravan with a van that has a bed in it, and occupied a standard pitch designed for an "outfit" of Caravan and tow vehicle, it is right to charge them a double rate? really?
One of my customers has a VW T5 as a weekend/overnight away vehicle, but when he goes away for a week or so, he will take his caravan but tow it with his T5. I bet he doesn't get charged double-bubble!
If you take the trouble to re read, I said I wasn’t surprised not I condoned what she was doing . Having worked literally on countless commercial caravan sites nothing surprises me..some charge for pup tents ,some charge per dog , some CHARGE if more than one vehicle can be occupied there are so many permutations very little surprises

If however she made that clear does the Op not have opportunity to accept or decline?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back