Ripped off ?

barlicker

Free Member
I had been staying on a CL site with my wife in a caravan while I converted a van to a camper, my wife is still there. We arrived at the CL which is a farmers field with very little amenities in May of 2019 and I also rented a cattle shed from the owners husband while I did the conversion. The owner of said CL was charging us £532 per month which included electric and £120 per month for the shed. On nearing completion of the van she told me I would have to pay the same as we did for the caravan ( £532) per month for the camper as she classed it as another camper on her site. I declined the offer, as I am a pensioner. I was then told if I wanted to see my wife and arrived in the camper I would have to pay the daily rate. My wife can't leave the site at the moment due to the lock down and she does not want to live in a camper. We are looking for a small flat or terraced home for a base at the moment but this is also a problem due to current situation. She is still paying the rent of course and I don't get to see her that often, it's all very sad. I have had my say to the owner of said site but she became extremely hostile to the point of her becoming violent towards me. Comments welcome.

Police? Surely she can't stop you from seeing your wife man, were living in 21st century England for Christ's sake!...

Have you approached your local council or MP?

Is your wife able to move to another site?

Can you afford to buy a caravan and have a tow bar fitted on your camper?

Is the camper finished?

Where are you based?

As you both live in alternative accommodation I am sure you would be considered homeless. Go to your council.
As for what your paying !!! Look around find a better site.
Farmers 😡

I guess you have upset the owners, find somewhere else, the owners must have their own reasons.

yes you have been ripped off but it begs the question why you agreed to such a ridiculous sum for a long term stay in the first place. You have some leverage though. They are in breach of the Caravan Club rules for a kick off. They are only supposed to allow you 28 days stay max. Loads break that rule and Ive stayed way longer than that myself on a CL but she sounds a proper nasty piece of work so give her some of her own medicine once you get clear of course or threaten to report her if it gets nasty. As others have said though the priority is to get your two vans away somewhere else. That wont be easy but you wont be breaking lock down rules by moving away but you are going to have to find somewhere else to go to. The council may help.

People are so quick to judge wild campers as being bad news, I really hope this woman is going to be brought to book for her disgraceful behaviour. She should be named & shamed, if only so that we all know to avoid her facility! Her actions sound outrageous, & certainly the use of violence is never OK....

Personally I would like to hear both sides but that;s not going to happen. As for rip off the OP chose to go there nobody made them and although it might be difficult at this time nobody is making them stay. I am sure even now within 2 weeks another site for the caravan could be found and the caravan moved. Especially if the woman is as nasty as stated I would be out of there very quickly.

True, quite possibly more to this tale than we are aware of, but if this woman has threatened or used violence, especially to a pensioner, a line has clearly been crossed IMO.

True, quite possibly more to this tale than we are aware of, but if this woman has threatened or used violence, especially to a pensioner, a line has clearly been crossed IMO.
Too many ifs and buts for me. As the OP stated " I have had my say to the owner" which could cover a multitude of sins and who knows the age of the owner she could well be a pensioner as well. There are some feisty old women. Even on here. ;)(y)

Too many ifs and buts for me. As the OP stated " I have had my say to the owner" which could cover a multitude of sins and who knows the age of the owner she could well be a pensioner as well. There are some feisty old women. Even on here. ;)(y)

True, I agree with what you're saying, just can't help but feel if either party resorts to violence, then civilized behaviour has broken down. As you say, i wasntthere, so can't really judge, but my comments are based on the information I have.

Personally I would like to hear both sides but that;s not going to happen. As for rip off the OP chose to go there nobody made them and although it might be difficult at this time nobody is making them stay. I am sure even now within 2 weeks another site for the caravan could be found and the caravan moved. Especially if the woman is as nasty as stated I would be out of there very quickly.
But no c.l or caravan sites are allowed to take anyone on at the moment.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back