Ribs to die for, hunters chicken and real ale.... And a broken heart.

mistericeman

Long story short...
Weekend of hell (actually last 6 months or so of it)
After Dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and encephalitis complications last year....
He finally lost his fight early this morning and slipped away....
Now fulfilling our promise to him that we would have a beer in his memory at
One of my fave local pubs in Uppermill....

Ordered food/beer and asked the owner IF we could stop for the night...
Yes NO problem (he's trying to persuade his Mrs to buy a Moho as they do downhill bike racing)....

Bitter sweet evening....
And not completely sure why I'm sharing this....

Just know I've a broken heart tonight.

20200225_193445.jpg

Long story short...
After Dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and encephalitis complications last year....

Yes NO problem (he's trying to persuade his Mrs to buy a Moho as they do downhill bike racing)....

Bitter sweet evening....

View attachment 76953
Sorry for your loss bud. Easy to say, but concentrate on the good memories & remember your dad's at peace now. Glad you got somewhere nice to hole up & try to enjoy the evening.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts folks....
Muchly appreciated.
Difficult time as when we lost mum 7 or so years back I felt I had to be strong for dad....
So never shed a tear....
To say the floodgates have been opened is an understatement.

To say he got to 80 years old without ever getting involved with the NHS etc after working as a self employed builder all his life has to be good....

I blame him for all my interests in nature/wildlife/industrial archeology and old mines though....
As well as being able to spanner mechanical stuff.

A true gentleman.

Long story short...

Bitter sweet evening....

View attachment 76953
Just make your dad proud and live a fantastic life.

My condolences to you and your family mistericeman your dad will be with you wherever and whatever you do or go as you say he’s left you with all of your interests so he’ll not be very far from you, and I’m sure he’ll be pleased that you fulfilled your promise to him, let the floodgates open mistericeman and when they ease think of the good times and the happy memories, and yes they will make the floodgates open again but that is part of the grieving process and everything else that will follow... once again sending you my condolences

My condolences to you and your family mistericeman your dad will be with you wherever and whatever you do or go as you say he’s left you with all of your interests so he’ll not be very far from you, and I’m sure he’ll be pleased that you fulfilled your promise to him, let the floodgates open mistericeman and when they ease think of the good times and the happy memories, and yes they will make the floodgates open again but that is part of the grieving process and everything else that will follow... once again sending you my condolences
So sorry for your loss, jeanette's post says it beautifully

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back