Reporting live from Balmoral - is this essential travel?

Tonybvi

The BBC, and not doubt other organisations as well, have sent reporters to the gates of Balmoral to report live on Prince Charles. Enough has been said on this forum about Prince Charles but I wonder about the responsibility of news organisations reporting live and whether this is actually essential travel? And where are they all staying?
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

campervanannie

The BBC, and not doubt other organisations as well, have sent reporters to the gates of Balmoral to report live on Prince Charles. Enough has been said on this forum about Prince Charles but I wonder about the responsibility of news organisations reporting live and whether this is actually essential travel? And where are they all staying? In motorhomes.

2cv

The BBC, and not doubt other organisations as well, have sent reporters to the gates of Balmoral to report live on Prince Charles. Enough has been said on this forum about Prince Charles but I wonder about the responsibility of news organisations reporting live and whether this is actually essential travel? And where are they all staying? That’s a very good point. It’s not only Balmoral but all over reporters are out and about making unnecessary journeys.

NeilyG

They are all ‘essential workers’ giving their all for our crisis-ridden glorious nation - I kid you not!

Last edited:

Jeff G

The BBC, and not doubt other organisations as well, have sent reporters to the gates of Balmoral to report live on Prince Charles. Enough has been said on this forum about Prince Charles but I wonder about the responsibility of news organisations reporting live and whether this is actually essential travel? And where are they all staying? There was a reporter from our local BBC News wondering around Preston asking people why they were not at home self isolating.Unfortunately,none of them asked the same of him

2cv

What really pees me off is that on the national news we get the BBC “Scottish reporter” dealing with Scottish stuff then 5 minutes later we get the local news with the “Scottish reporter” who is yet another person saying exactly the same thing about the same story. Me too.

wildebus

What really pees me off is that on the national news we get the BBC “Scottish reporter” dealing with Scottish stuff then 5 minutes later we get the local news with the “Scottish reporter” who is yet another person saying exactly the same thing about the same story. I find that a constant annoyance I have to say. They even show the exact same film that was shown 10 minutes earlier as if the viewers have either Altzeimers or only tune in once the "English" news is over.

Toffeecat

I thought the Scottish govt was being very firm on stopping rich Londoners with second homes in the highlands, driving north, possibly bringing their virus with them with the risk of overloading local services. telling them to go home. Go home she said. Then suddenly a rich Londoner with a second home in the highlands does get the virus, travels north and.....……………..nothings said. Still everyones in it together and we are all treated the same under UK law. Yes,sure we are. As Jeremy said in the election, for the many and not the few. And why has the state controlled media, sorry the BBC not picked up on this. Cos its the state controlled media.

Geeky Philip

Administrator
I have moved this thread back as members have complained that is was moved. Let me make this very clear, if you break the rules you will be banned from posting.