Renogy 20 amp BtB

molly 2

I am .looking into fitting a renogy btb 20 ,my van has a CANbus system the renogy needs a 12 v d type supply to turn the btb on and off when the engine is running it is not voltage sensitive . I am thinking about using the positive wire that feeds 12 v supply socket that only works when engine is on ,any recommendations for a 12 v supply or is my plan OK , 2014 Peugeot 2 ,2 Boxer

You can indeed use that source. I have used it as an 'ignition' signal to switch a relay. However, I think it is live at other positions of the key so you would need to be careful that you don't run the B2B with the alternator not charging thereby possibly running your engine battery down. Hope that makes sense.

You can indeed use that source. I have used it as an 'ignition' signal to switch a relay. However, I think it is live at other positions of the key so you would need to be careful that you don't run the B2B with the alternator not charging thereby possibly running your engine battery down. Hope that makes sense.
Yes it dose to me . Thanks , i am looking for a plan b or maybe a better option CAN bus is nightmare if done wrong

One option which I think would work for you is to use a cheap VSR to drive the control line to switch the B2B on and off.

So VSR will only turn on when the engine is running. Output of the VSR goes to the Renogy B2B On-Signal.
For a VSR you could use the TEC3M, which is a low current unit (but you don't need anything more than a switching current so that is fine) and is usually used for towing electrics.
Example here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorhom...lay-For-Charging-Systems-Fridge/123374891623?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back