Removing Microwave

Sharon the Cat

Anyone know how to remove the microwave in a Bailey Autograph 625?
We need to take it out then put it back again without destroying anything.
Grateful for any advice, will cross-post to Motorhome.

Some are screwed in from the bottom and or top but usually just sat with perhaps a piece of ply to stop them from sliding out of the cupboard, beware the plug is usually in the same cupboard and may yank it out of your hands if left plugged in.

Ours in a Compass Castaway has a face plate / trim that you need to remove but there are also 4 screws underneath that hold it in place as well.

A lot of cursing and swearing was involved the first time i had to remove it until i found the sneaky little blighters underneath 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad:

Our Bailey (2015 AA 745) has screws up though the shelf and into the bottom of the Microwave.

To remove the microwave
a) Remove the screws that fix the shelf in place. These screws go horizontally through the wood of the fridge unit and have plastic covers on them

b) Pull the shelf (with the microwave still on it) out. But not ll the way out.

c) Remove (from underneath) the screws holding the micro wave onto the shelf.

Our Bailey (2015 AA 745) has screws up though the shelf and into the bottom of the Microwave.

To remove the microwave
a) Remove the screws that fix the shelf in place. These screws go horizontally through the wood of the fridge unit and have plastic covers on them

b) Pull the shelf (with the microwave still on it) out. But not ll the way out.

c) Remove (from underneath) the screws holding the micro wave onto the shelf.
Ours is in a top cupboard with fresh air underneath the cupboard it's in. Just can't work it out.

I removed 625 microwave because it was making an annoying metalic sound when driving. Look under the cupboard shelf you'll see four screw heads spread out about the the size of the microwave base. Remove the screws, feed the mains plug through the hole from the ajoining cupboard, lift it out. I discovered Bailey had used wood screws into the microwave base plate instead of self tappers, with the vibration/movement the screw holes had enlarged causing all the noise. Cured the problem by removing the microwave four rubber feet, purchased four longer threaded screws, redrilled the cupboard base to suit the original microwave feet position. Tightened the screws squashing the rubber feet slightly (perfect result)

I removed 625 microwave because it was making an annoying metalic sound when driving. Look under the cupboard shelf you'll see four screw heads spread out about the the size of the microwave base. Remove the screws, feed the mains plug through the hole from the ajoining cupboard, lift it out. I discovered Bailey had used wood screws into the microwave base plate instead of self tappers, with the vibration/movement the screw holes had enlarged causing all the noise. Cured the problem by removing the microwave four rubber feet, purchased four longer threaded screws, redrilled the cupboard base to suit the original microwave feet position. Tightened the screws squashing the rubber feet slightly (perfect result)
Thank you, will try to have a closer look tomorrow or the next day. Depends if Phill gets home during daylight
Are you in the Bailey MoHo FB group?
No, but will try Traveller's suggestions first thanks.

Spot on thank you. I've got the microwave out. Thankfully the power lead is enough to take out the microwave and put it on the hob below without having to drag the plug through the hole from the cupboard next to it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back