Recommendations for a cheap reversing camera.

suneye

Anyone using a cheap reversing camera and happy enough with it to recommend it (for a Citroen Relay).

I got 2 cameras with infra red leds for night vision and one 5" (I think,) screen by a chinese firm Buyee. They have worked. At one point the less used camera stopped signal but after a few days it started again, perhaps it got water in it and then dried out, but that was a year ago so its been allright since. They are so cheap that I would just buy the same again if it failed.
The big problem is avoiding messing up the canbus when finding electrical connections. I had towball electrics fitted so I could use the connections they provided. They have some gadget to insulate the towball electrics from the brain of the canbus.

I have found that standing OH looking out the rear window, with her strapped to the sink, works extremely well and also means I don't have to have the radio on so loud.

I got a wireless truck camera from eBay, cost under 40quid, & has a 15m range. 7inch screen is colour, & apart from an occasional wobble on the picture, its been very good. Easy to wire in as its wireless connection between camera & screen & it has capability for a 2nd camera too.

I got a wireless truck camera from eBay, cost under 40quid, & has a 15m range. 7inch screen is colour, & apart from an occasional wobble on the picture, its been very good. Easy to wire in as its wireless connection between camera & screen & it has capability for a 2nd camera too.
Do you know the make / model ? thanks

Cheap chinese one here and works 100% day or night.
cam 1.jpg
cam 2.jpg

Same here, cheap eBay camera kit.
I've set it up with the wireless option. Been good for 5years.
Even get to see the odd horse or trailer going down the motorway from other wireless cameras 😁

Same here, cheap eBay camera kit.
I've set it up with the wireless option. Been good for 5years.
Even get to see the odd horse or trailer going down the motorway from other wireless cameras 😁
Are horses allowed on m/ways in England. 🤔😂

Argoose Trevskoda Thanks for your replies do you know the make ? Model?

Argoose Trevskoda Thanks for your replies do you know the make ? Model?
Not a clue as it was years back, look on ebay, try and get one with out the distance marking lines, most can take two cams if wanted, mine is a downward 45% deg wide angle, can be bought in sep bits as all swappable.
cam b.png
cam c.png

No idea on make or model. Just went for middle of the road price. About £50. As said fitted about 5 years ago. Means I probably bought it six years ago. 😔

Not sure what make mine is, the same kit only seems to be available with 2 cameras now for around 70quid....

Not a clue as it was years back, look on ebay, try and get one with out the distance marking lines, most can take two cams if wanted, mine is a downward 45% deg wide angle, can be bought in sep bits as all swappable.
Why do you recommend no marking lines? I thought they might be useful in some situations.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back