Really stupid question: citroen relay HDI enterprise

REC

We are looking for the jump starting points on our van. One is very obvious, central under top of bonnet and labelled. Cannot find the other :rolleyes: ...manual says under a flap next to the fuse box under the bonnet, but our model doesn't have fuse box under the bonnet. We have searched inside the engine ( Google shows others have had similar issues!) But before we have to make a trip to the local dealer, wondered if anybody knows exactly where the second point is! The battery is under the cab floor so jumpstarting, if needed, from there is more of a pain!
We had an issue with a flat battery the other week, and ended up taking the floor up and starting it from there.

I'm guessing it's the positive point which is labelled?

No idea on your van, but on mine the negative point is just a bolt on side of engine bay, which I guess must be connected to chassis.

Perhaps they just expect you to connect negative to chassis somewhere?

iu

what year is your van?
I'm guessing it's the positive point which is labelled?

No idea on your van, but on mine the negative point is just a bolt on side of engine bay, which I guess must be connected to chassis.

Perhaps they just expect you to connect negative to chassis somewhere?

iu
The manual is quite specific about there being a designate point and not to use anything else. The negative is labelled clearly. We didn't want to risk attaching to chassis as it is supposed to be labelled :(

Last edited:
I know it`s American but have you got the connections is shows between 42 seconds and 60 second in the video ?

I know it`s American but have you got the connections is shows between 42 seconds and 60 second in the video ?

No our negative is at top centre and positive should be around there somewhere under a flap apparently......but cannot spot it!
Thanks for trying....it's well hidden!

Will try as soon as parked up. On emergency trip to Kent as mum in law admitted hospital. Life is never simple!:(

This is a Peugeot, but I suspect the flap with the +ve terminal underneath it is in the same place on the passenger side of the engine bay.

In this picture the flap has been opened, you can see the inside of the flap and the plastic built in hinged to the right and slightly to the top of the photo from the finger tip
If the flap is closed it would take off the finger tip.

The flap is released using a built in clip on the left of the finger tip in the photo. This can be difficult to move, a flat bladed screwdriver inserted vertically can help.

100582994_10222344351575032_2424817292689801216_n.jpg

Check Youtube, but include Peugeot Boxer & Fiat Ducato in search.

Last edited:
Thanks, will have a look there when it has stopped raining ;) If not a photo will be posted!

Found it
This is a Peugeot, but I suspect the flap with the +ve terminal underneath it is in the same place on the passenger side of the engine bay.

In this picture the flap has been opened, you can see the inside of the flap and the plastic built in hinged to the right and slightly to the top of the photo from the finger tip
If the flap is closed it would take off the finger tip.

The flap is released using a built in clip on the left of the finger tip in the photo. This can be difficult to move, a flat bladed screwdriver inserted vertically can help.

100582994_10222344351575032_2424817292689801216_n.jpg

Check Youtube, but include Peugeot Boxer & Fiat Ducato in search.

Found it more or less where you said...slightly different orientation and cover was black and so dusty that the, almost invisible, + sign, was obscured! Ours has a slot to put screwdriver into and lift the cover. Thanks so much, everyone!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back