RAC Platinum Warranty.

izwozral

Took the MH in for it's hab check, service and some repairs under the 3 year RAC warranty we took out when purchased the MH. The airbag warning light came on a couple of days ago and the mileage was flashing, turns out that the airbag module needs replacing - they tried a reset which didn't work. Cost of a new one is £444.00.
Had toilet cassette replaced, repair to bed slats, new sensors fitted to waste and fresh tanks, waste tank release valve replaced, reseal to roof and a new door lock.
Cost of RAC warranty was £368 for 3 years, seemed expensive at the time but with hindsight it has been a bargain. Still got another years cover so happy days.

Took the MH in for it's hab check, service and some repairs under the 3 year RAC warranty we took out when purchased the MH. The airbag warning light came on a couple of days ago and the mileage was flashing, turns out that the airbag module needs replacing - they tried a reset which didn't work. Cost of a new one is £444.00.
Had toilet cassette replaced, repair to bed slats, new sensors fitted to waste and fresh tanks, waste tank release valve replaced, reseal to roof and a new door lock.
Cost of RAC warranty was £368 for 3 years, seemed expensive at the time but with hindsight it has been a bargain. Still got another years cover so happy days.
That sounds a great deal Ral. I am with the RAC, do they do a similar deal on cars

The airbag warning light came on a couple of days ago and the mileage was flashing, turns out that the airbag module needs replacing - they tried a reset which didn't work. Cost of a new one is £444.00.

A lot of Bailey owners (including me!) have the air bag fail after a jump start. Did you have a jump start before the failure?

A lot of Bailey owners (including me!) have the air bag fail after a jump start. Did you have a jump start before the failure?
No, it just failed. The MH is at Oaktree in Notts, I drove it from Cheshire, the constant beeping near drove me crazy!

You list the items you are claiming for; let us know if the RAC agree to pay

No, it just failed. The MH is at Oaktree in Notts, I drove it from Cheshire, the constant beeping near drove me crazy!

The side door sensor on my Renault Master sets off a beeping every few seconds Ral. It only does it every now and again but it can go on for hours when it does and it is one of the most annoying things known to man!

I really must get around to disabling the alarm!

AFAIKS the RAC Platinum is only available for a moho when you buy from a dealer.
An internet search throws up a few insurers who offer a warranty to existing owners. Anyone had any experience doing it this way?

Spoke too soon.

Got a call from Oaktree MH's today to tell us they can't get a new airbag module for love nor money and it could be Spring before one is available. They deal with Crashdata in Liverpool but have tried other places and it's just not happening.😒 I have spent the last hour searching the net and it's a no go there also. The modules come from Italy and are very specific inasmuch not all modules will fit all models of Fiat Ducato of the same year. Oaktree won't install a refurb, nor do I want them to, but this has left us in an awkward situation. Driving the MH now is risky to life and limb, it negates the insurance and the MOT is up in December which it obviously won't pass. 😭
They also found some damp and have done a patch repair until their usual technician returns to work and does a complete strip down and reseal. Unfortunately, the guy will be off for a while with ill health.
There is shortage of so many things at the moment, it really is complicating life.

If anyone finds a module no.1375110080 and is brand new, please give us a shout.

The guys at Oaktree tell me that it is rare for Fiat Ducato vans to have module problems but not rare for Ducato MH's!

Spoke too soon.

Got a call from Oaktree MH's today to tell us they can't get a new airbag module for love nor money and it could be Spring before one is available. They deal with Crashdata in Liverpool but have tried other places and it's just not happening.😒 I have spent the last hour searching the net and it's a no go there also. The modules come from Italy and are very specific inasmuch not all modules will fit all models of Fiat Ducato of the same year. Oaktree won't install a refurb, nor do I want them to, but this has left us in an awkward situation. Driving the MH now is risky to life and limb, it negates the insurance and the MOT is up in December which it obviously won't pass. 😭
They also found some damp and have done a patch repair until their usual technician returns to work and does a complete strip down and reseal. Unfortunately, the guy will be off for a while with ill health.
There is shortage of so many things at the moment, it really is complicating life.

If anyone finds a module no.1375110080 and is brand new, please give us a shout.

The guys at Oaktree tell me that it is rare for Fiat Ducato vans to have module problems but not rare for Ducato MH's!
On the case mate trying my contacts in the trade if I get any joy I will pm you my contact no
regards Gordon

Just had a call back apparently the fiat factory has had a fire and this no you put up is a back order part mate but I'm still searching

Thanks Gordon, I really appreciate it, this has put us in a mess in so many ways

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back