Quick 'N' Easy!

GreggBear

Couple of quick one pan type belly fillers for you all to enjoy:
Put some Strips of ox liver in a sandwich box with 6Tbsp Plain flour and shake to coat the liver.
Coarsely chop 2 onions.
Fry the onions in a little Butter flavour FRY LIGHT spray
Add the liver and fry the lot till it's done to your liking then dive in and eat it all by yourself!
Add some crusty bread and Lurpak for full effect!
Both recipes are very convenient and easy to prepare (even I can do it!) and non fattening as a bonus.
, and only one pan to clean afterwards! RESULT!
Hope you all enjoy.:cheers::tongue::idea::wacko:

I love one pot meals.

The second recipe is more or less what I had last night. And as for Liver, I could shovel that into my delicate little gobhole all day long.

Not sure about the 'fry lite' mularkey, but presume I could substitute with bacon fat or lard?

I love one pot meals.

The second recipe is more or less what I had last night. And as for Liver, I could shovel that into my delicate little gobhole all day long.

Not sure about the 'fry lite' mularkey, but presume I could substitute with bacon fat or lard?

Dripping Rob.

Whats non fattening about the loaf of bread and 1/2 llb of lurpak.:cheers:

Couple of quick one pan type belly fillers for you all to enjoy:
Put some Strips of ox liver in a sandwich box with 6Tbsp Plain flour and shake to coat the liver.
Coarsely chop 2 onions.
Fry the onions in a little Butter flavour FRY LIGHT spray
Add the liver and fry the lot till it's done to your liking then dive in and eat it all by yourself!
Add some crusty bread and Lurpak for full effect!
Both recipes are very convenient and easy to prepare (even I can do it!) and non fattening as a bonus.
, and only one pan to clean afterwards! RESULT!
Hope you all enjoy.:cheers::tongue::idea::wacko:

I think that you and your Epicurean delights might give this place a run for its money.
Like Mr Trump,People are always looking out for new experiences.

The Epicurean Delight - Catering - Northeast Pennsylvania

Dezi :cheers:

Another favourite for me when camping on my own is corned beef stew;

Lightly fry some onions.
Tin of carrots.
Tin of new potatoes.
Tin of corned beef.
Water.
Gravy granules.

Stick in a pot and boil the bejaysus out of it. Smother in white pepper. Eat with bread.

Strange, I would never eat tinned veg at home, but in the van or especially in the tent when it's cold and miserable, this can be real comfort food.

I like to do my liver slightly different.

Prepare gravy granules in hot water for about half a mug of watery gravy.
Fry onions in butter or oil of your choice.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Reheat pan and put the liver (dredged in flour, with salt and fresh ground pepper while onions were cooking)
Quickly brown liver on each side for a few seconds at a high heat.
Return onions to pan and quickly add the gravy. Gravy should really sizzle when it goes in.
Reduce heat, cover and cook gently for no more than two minutes.

Liver should be really tender. Serve with boiled potatoes or bread etc.

Last edited:
Another favourite for me when camping on my own is corned beef stew;

Lightly fry some onions.
Tin of carrots.
Tin of new potatoes.
Tin of corned beef.
Water.
Gravy granules.

Stick in a pot and boil the bejaysus out of it. Smother in white pepper. Eat with bread.

Strange, I would never eat tinned veg at home, but in the van or especially in the tent when it's cold and miserable, this can be real comfort food.

I'll always choose fresh veg at home but don't mind the odd tin.

Tinned potatoes are disgusting though, the best way to deal with them is fry them up in some sort of meaty juices after cutting in half.

I'll always choose fresh veg at home but don't mind the odd tin.

Tinned potatoes are disgusting though, the best way to deal with them is fry them up in some sort of meaty juices after cutting in half.

I agree Ron.

Although when I do the stew, I boil til the spuds more or less disintegrate and thicken the gravy. That's pretty much the only way I can eat them.

I agree Ron.

Although when I do the stew, I boil til the spuds more or less disintegrate and thicken the gravy. That's pretty much the only way I can eat them.

Really well fried in bacon fat/oil they are palatable, but is best to swallow them whole.

Really well fried in bacon fat/oil they are palatable, but is best to swallow them whole.

Mind you, 'fresh' new pots are available in handy cartons at most supermarkets all year round, we often pick some up for salads and Spanish Omelettes.

But I do keep a couple of tins in the van for emergencies.

But I do keep a couple of tins in the van for emergencies.

Likewise I usually have a tin or two in the van.

I will be experimenting with vacuum packed pre cooked at home though. Certainly roast veggies from Xmas dinner have worked well vacuum packed andfrozen ... a llittle more oily than expected but edible.

Vacuum packed boiled rice has worked out well. same for black pud, haggis and even cheese slices

Pre cooked and vac packed I then boil in the bag and it has worked really well with stews and curries as well as the roasted veggies and that belly pork idea you mentioned before.

I love one pot meals.

Definitely can! much nicer in bacon grease (same goes for EVERYTHING!) but I'm 26 1/2 stone now! so nuff said ha.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Try slicing tinned potatoes, a coarse cut onion, big handful of sliced mushrooms, All fried together with a couple of beef oxo just crumbled in the pan on top of everything else. Salt and coarse black pepper to taste. Serve with a couple of fried eggs.:tongue::cheers::tongue:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back