Protect your loo when you need a Number Two

As an ex site owner............. Please NEVER put kitchen roll down your loo as it doesn't break down anywhere near as fast as proper loo paper does in septic tanks.

It is OK to do so when on mains drainage, but a large number of rural sites in the UK & Europe are on septic tanks drainage systems
I £$%^ in a bag so I won’t.😂 biodegradable I might add.

I'm afraid I bought a pack of these. An expensive waste of money. Did not work well in my Thetford and that has a good flush due to me uprating my Reich pump. As others have said, more for the RV type bog I think.

We use these from ebay. Ace

Attachments

• 20201013_183044.jpg
    20201013_183044.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 166
Even on mains drainage it doesn't take much to cause a blockage with some of the more robust kitchen rolls....
Folks really do need to be careful what's flushed
I can attest to that as my elderly father had a phase of using kitchen roll in the loo....many blockages....and that was on mains water with good flush...

I can attest to that as my elderly father had a phase of using kitchen roll in the loo....many blockages....and that was on mains water with good flush...
Agreed, vast majority of WC blockages at my Health Centers are caused by hand towels, doesn't seem an A4 sign above the dispenser asking people to put them in the bin makes any difference :mad:

They are very thin paper and degrade quickly in the cassette. They do not fit my dometic toilet very well but they are very useful at keeping the toilet clean. I wouldn’t be without them 😂

Cheap loo roll and the zoflora, washing up liquid with water reminds me of a Simons & Garfunkel song (y)

Anyone ever use this type of thing and are they single use

absolutely brilliant for when you have to go! Doesn’t block up the cassette and you DON‘T have to flush for 10 secs. The whole procedure is very neat and hygienic !

Agree with Wardysue. Recently started using these and they are very effective at keeping bowl clean, dissolve at least as quick as toilet paper, if not quicker. With increased reliance on onboard facilities these are now on my essentials list, if weight is an issue for payload the chuck the loo brush

I find a 500ml spray bottle works with some bowl cleaner in it works for me saves on water too / or filling cassette too quickly

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back