Proposed £5 parking charge at RSPB Carpark South Stack Holyhead

Initially I could see the NTs explanation but......

As I read on to you all making constructive explanations as to why it should not charge the carpark, I fully agree. At first I was considering if we turned up with the MH, I wouldn't feel the 5gbp for the night would be too severe.
But reading on and realising the area is not only RSPB and the locals deserving free access etc I now completely Disagree.
The RSPB do a good job in a lot of places as do the NT but the funds and grants they also get are considerable.
Having been a member for a lot of years and have seen also some of the not so good achievements and legacies of the RSPB in particular.
They have some very questionable decisions and results.
Forsinard Flows and the use of land nearby nature reserves to erect these horrendous wind turbines.
If you believe they are not harmful to bird life I would suggest you watch a clip from Harris a couple of years ago on BBC and Sky news where a very rare Artic Swift was splatted by one such wind turbine for the benefit of possibly millions of viewers and twitchers. It was a sad day for many visiting twitchers who had travelled specifically to Lewis and Harris to see this migrant bird. But it was also an eye opener for all those who had believed the hype and safe use of these same turbines which are now popping up like immigrants across the countryside.

Slainte, Growlie69

Hi ya, Not sure I see what you’re trying to say in relation to the now ‘Shelved’ Car Parking Fee, (Probably my fault not yours).
So taking your example, is the Problem the way you see it that Thease people ‘Saw’ the Bird get Squished, Or that they had to Pay for Parking in order to see the bird get squished ?.
I’ve heard of Bird strikes on Aircraft, Stuff like that just happens I guess, Not saying it’s right, But it’s kinda inevitable.
But I would imagine that if any of the Passengers On The plane that the Unfortunate Bird happens to fly in to actually choose to Drive to the Airport, I bet they would have had to Pay for their Parking While away !.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be able to own, maintain and drive around in a motorhome is a luxury (for most, not talking about certain types of full timing here).

It costs money. Just about everything in life costs money!

If you can afford a motorhome for 'leisure purposes' in the first place it's reasonable you're going to be expected to pay for parking up at certain places, along with every other type of vehicle at that same location.

OK, so it's human nature for people to want things for the least amount they can get away with paying, whether it's simple groceries, a motorhome or a house.

We all have to budget in some way, unless you're a zillionaire.

So if your budget when out on the road doesn't stretch to paying a particular parking fee at a particular place, then head orf and look for a free spot somewhere else. Or just cough up and zip it.

The choice is always yours.

Just sayin' :D

The South Stack issue isn't just about parking motorhomes ! It's about any vehicle parking and there is more to the issue of people just wanting things for free!
Obviously there are some important issues been raised as the council have given in to the alleged free loaders!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back