Prodical son returns

• Thread starter Deleted member 21686
  • Start date
Blimey a flash from the past. Its great to hear from you MGM. Yes me and Rob had some great meets at the Pontygwyndy. We had the odd walk round the town and I still suffer from the hangovers. Hope the transplant happens soon and you can get out and about again. Give Julie a hug for me and a bone for the sausages. Keep well hope to catch you soon.
.... Tom ....

They were great meets there Tom. Remember the male voice choir in the club?

Haydn does know how to run a meet.

A huge warm welcome back from an old (and lazy!) partner in crime ;) 😁

It's really lovely to have you back, you have been missed! xx

They were great meets there Tom. Remember the male voice choir in the club?

Haydn does know how to run a meet.

Yeah I remember it well Rob. That was our halfway house between pubs. It was a social club which not only had the male voice choir in it. It was the first place I had seen pretend Guinness where they put a bottle of guinness in a glass and then placed it on a metle plate that shook it up till it got a frothey head on it.
Also further down the pub run remember the one on the corner of the traffic lights . When we tried to dry our hands after washing them. the drier nearly blew us out the door. It was the most powerful blower i'de ever seen. The next year it had been stolen. Come on MTM get that transplant sorted so normality can be resumed as soon as posslibe.
.... Tom ....

Yeah I remember it well Rob. That was our halfway house between pubs. It was a social club which not only had the male voice choir in it. It was the first place I had seen pretend Guinness where they put a bottle of guinness in a glass and then placed it on a metle plate that shook it up till it got a frothey head on it.
Also further down the pub run remember the one on the corner of the traffic lights . When we tried to dry our hands after washing them. the drier nearly blew us out the door. It was the most powerful blower i'de ever seen. The next year it had been stolen. Come on MTM get that transplant sorted so normality can be resumed as soon as posslibe.
.... Tom ....

That was it Tom. I delivered some benches to the pub with the hurricane hand dryer some time later.

I've seen that Guinness with the agitator thingy since then, it's crap!

That was it Tom. I delivered some benches to the pub with the hurricane hand dryer some time later.

I've seen that Guinness with the agitator thingy since then, it's crap!

LOL it might be crap but I wish I was there drinking it now. Here is a few memory photos but could not find one of us in the club.

Sorry Haydn for hijacking your post but a couple of you and the missus when you was in better health. Be good and hope you are back on the road soon.
.... Tom ....

P7253929.JPGP7253932.JPGP7253933.JPGP7263938.JPGP7263939.JPG

Hi Haydn
I'm still keeping your seat warm at Hereford.
It's a shame that we had to cancel this years but as soon as this situation is over we will be back.
Hereford has become one of the favourite meets and because it's the first of the year, many of us treasure it, look what you started.
I'm pleased to see you back in the fold and it would be great to see ypu again, when we come out of this mess.
Keep well.
Lee

Good to see you posting again Haydn.

Only met you once at Hereford the last time you ran it I think. It says something when everyone holds you in such high regard. Best of luck with your health and fingers crossed for a transplant and you keep safe and well

Cheers

H

Hello Morgan the Moon! Lovely to have you back on line. I don’t think we knew what we were taking on when we offered to caretake Hereford for you - how many years ago was it?? take care and stay safe- you never know we might still have the August Meet

Hi Haydn,
Glad to know you’re in the land of the living.
Hope you get that transplant soon & get a van.
There’s still a hardcore of us left although many have fallen by the wayside.
You ran by far the best meets, you got me hooked on Caerphilly & I still go there every year although I seem to be the only one who bothers.

Hi Haydn how lovely to see you on here. It's been a long time ...I really hope you are doing ok and Julie too.
We would love to see you back on the road soon.
I'm keeping out of mischief, well kind of.
We are on van 7 now (I think) 😆...
Paul said to say Hi too 👍

Welcome back Haydn.

Following rugby is not good for your heart.

Dezi

I've only just tripped across this thread & what a lovely surprise! Great start to the day to hear from Haydn. No disrespect to others but Haydn's meets were the best; our introduction to some great people & drunks within WC.
Fingers & toes crossed that you (Channa too) manage to get a transplant & back to a better life.

Have you still got the little sausages????

Welcome back Haydn. I do miss your meets, but in honesty I miss everything to do with the van at the moment, along with pubs and barbers.

Hi wildcampers, it's been a while since I posted and much has happened to me since then, the last time I met up was in the Pontygwyndy inn Caerphilly I think. I no longer have a camper because I attend dialysis 3 times a week as I have kidney failure. I miss it dearly but if I eventually have a transplant I'll be back out there with another. I wonder how many of my wild camping friends are still on here, How are you Phil?
Hi we remember you from long back . Stay safe

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back