Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Val54

Love it, Debroos, keep the humour coming, we really need it more than ever right now ;) Exactly Marie, some on here don’t subscribe to the dark humour of Seamus or Frankie Boyle and that’s fine, but it is part of our national repertoire and there is no reason why the royals shouldn’t be a target any more than Boris or Jeremy. The producers of Spitting Image would be having a field day now with all of them. As it happens I agree with you about Charlie, in normal times he does a lot of good stuff discharging his Duchy duties, shame about his brother ..............
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Fisherman

Personally speaking I would rather talk about macro economics within a diversified economy than talk about the pandemic. Anything that takes our minds off it must be good. Yes we have to stay at home (bummer), and abide by the rules (another bummer). But let's try to remember we are all lucky right now. Whilst we are on here trying to impress others with our vast array of knowledge (well google) Someone who is loved is probably passing away. We can't get away from it for long, but if we can without breaking the rules we should. No matter what we think of the Royals Charles is a statistic now, just one of many with Covid 19. My only hope is that he does not become another statistic, one so far of hundreds, sadly soon to become thousands. So get well soon Charlie, and get well soon everyone else with Covid 19. As Robert Burns said, We are all Jock Tamsons bairns.

Last edited:

NeilyG

Can we please have a cease-fire of attacks on the royals, politics and any other negative crap whilst we are dealing with this pandemic? Oh, all right then.

izwozral

Can we please have a cease-fire of attacks on the royals, politics and any other negative crap whilst we are dealing with this pandemic? Only if you say so, you big butch Brummie you. Charles still looks like a wing nut! 😜

5andy

I too was enjoying this thread because it was a distraction from the corona virus. I don’t mind the royal family, Charles is ok, I can even accept that you would test the future king and his close relatives for the corona virus. what I think is just a bit insensitive is jetting off to your mothers house, when you have a perfectly good one of your own with a fabulous garden, at a time when the Government is making it absolutely clear that people should stay at home and indeed telling people to go home.

Geeky Philip

Administrator
I too was enjoying this thread because it was a distraction from the corona virus. I don’t mind the royal family, Charles is ok, I can even accept that you would test the future king and his close relatives for the corona virus. what I think is just a bit insensitive is jetting off to your mothers house, when you have a perfectly good one of your own with a fabulous garden, at a time when the Government is making it absolutely clear that people should stay at home and indeed telling people to go home. The private residence of the Prince of Wales is Birkhall, this is his home, the other residences are Crown. Birkhall is on the Balmoral Estate. As per the offical statement "The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland."

Geeky Philip

Administrator
I have moved this thread back as members have complained that is was moved. Let me make this very clear, if you break the rules you will be banned from posting.

maingate

This thread is not really about Prince Charles. It is highlighting the fears and stress that this virus is having on people. Frightened people lash out at others and put the blame on them when things go wrong. It is human nature and the skin of 'civilisation' is paper thin. Forums like this and Social Media platforms are ideal for spreading the fear and panic, gullible people absorb all this crap. I read a report yesterday about a group of ethnic Indian people who are British nationals and cannot get home from their trip to India. They are being treated very badly, the locals are antagonistic and blaming them for bringing the virus to India. They are no longer ethnically identical, they are outsiders who have brought the virus with them.

Geeky Philip

Administrator
This thread is not really about Prince Charles. It is highlighting the fears and stress that this virus is having on people. Frightened people lash out at others and put the blame on them when things go wrong. It is human nature and the skin of 'civilisation' is paper thin. Forums like this and Social Media platforms are ideal for spreading the fear and panic, gullible people absorb all this crap. I read a report yesterday about a group of ethnic Indian people who are British nationals and cannot get home from their trip to India. They are being treated very badly, the locals are antagonistic and blaming them for bringing the virus to India. They are no longer ethnically identical, they are outsiders who have brought the virus with them. Yes, I totally agree. That is why I moved it to current affairs.

Fisherman

This thread is not really about Prince Charles. It is highlighting the fears and stress that this virus is having on people. Frightened people lash out at others and put the blame on them when things go wrong. It is human nature and the skin of 'civilisation' is paper thin. Forums like this and Social Media platforms are ideal for spreading the fear and panic, gullible people absorb all this crap. I read a report yesterday about a group of ethnic Indian people who are British nationals and cannot get home from their trip to India. They are being treated very badly, the locals are antagonistic and blaming them for bringing the virus to India. They are no longer ethnically identical, they are outsiders who have brought the virus with them. Well put maingate. It‘s really sad that when a member of royal family catches Covid 19 and is ridiculed. If you or I catch it we get sympathy and care. All I offer Charles is sympathy. Ok possibly the test was not warranted, but that decision...

campervanannie

Well put maingate. It‘s really sad that when a member of royal family catches Covid 19 and is ridiculed. If you or I catch it we get sympathy and care. All I offer Charles is sympathy. Ok possibly the test was not warranted, but that decision was not his to make. Also I could not agree more about responsible posting. Yes let’s try and make light of things when we can, but remember that some are gullible. Oi who you calling gullible 😂😂😂😂😂