Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

runnach

And in the meantime, the self employed still await their financial destiny. For some, see their business crumble, yet the privileged will still be receiving a good portion of our hard earned. Interesting times ahead, changes required when we get out of this current unjust situation.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

mariesnowgoose

I think we're seeing the start of a little hysteria here. Maybe it's finally starting to sink in with everyone just how absolutely bloody massive this crisis is going to be, way beyond the virus on its own. Never mind the NHS being overwhelmed, it is going to overwhelm discussions about motor homing too before much longer. If anyone is not grasping the enormity of this tsunami and thinks it will all be over in a month or two, sorry to disappoint you. By all means have a go at the royals, or the celebs, or anyone else you might want to put in the firing line of your fear. I personally can't really blame anyone for hitting the self-protect button. All I can say is that the longterm armageddon preppers around the world will be feeling slightly smug on the way to finally open up their stashes.

campervanannie

Ok so the royal family have been tested and advised to separate and isolate 4 possibly 6 tests max what would that have done for the frontline NHS workers it’s hardly the royal families fault that the gov were not prepared for this despite having at least 2 months warning of the impending doom. But I suppose fear makes people lash out and look for someone to take there frustrations out on .

mariesnowgoose

... oh, and it IS necessary to bring politics into it whether you like it or not, because it is the government we are looking at to save us all, and it doesn't bloody matter what colour they are or were! We have to take good note of exactly what they are doing and saying amidst all the panic and hysteria, because trust me, they will also be amongst the wealthy and privileged who will be taking advantage of everything they can to protect their families too. Quite right, Fisherman, when you say we are all in this together, but some more than others - and the "others" include many of our current MPs who will certainly not be suffering financially and will be able to buy tests etc. and will definitely not starve!

Debroos

And in the meantime, the self employed still await their financial destiny. For some, see their business crumble, yet the privileged will still be receiving a good portion of our hard earned. Interesting times ahead, changes required when we get out of this current unjust situation. Interestingly Ireland has just increased its payment to 350 euro a week. This applies to anyone out of work due to covid including the self employed, zero hour contracts etc... The best bit is that it is a simple one page application form in order to speed up payments, which have started already I believe....why can't we do the same? It's the bureaucracy that will stuff it up here.

Fisherman

I think we're seeing the start of a little hysteria here. Maybe it's finally starting to sink in with everyone just how absolutely bloody massive this crisis is going to be, way beyond the virus on its own. Never mind the NHS being overwhelmed, it is going to overwhelm discussions about motor homing too before much longer. If anyone is not grasping the enormity of this tsunami and thinks it will all be over in a month or two, sorry to disappoint you. By all means have a go at the royals, or the celebs, or anyone else you might want to put in the firing line of your fear. I personally can't really blame anyone for hitting the self-protect button. All I can say is that the longterm armageddon preppers around the world will be feeling slightly smug on the way to finally open up their stashes. I have found that discussing the Royal family, is like playing hopscotch in a minefield. A bit like trying to have a discussion on abortion, when all you see are closed minds. For me I...

2cv

Ok so the royal family have been tested and advised to separate and isolate 4 possibly 6 tests max what would that have done for the frontline NHS workers it’s hardly the royal families fault that the gov were not prepared for this despite having at least 2 months warning of the impending doom. But I suppose fear makes people lash out and look for someone to take there frustrations out on . Not fear, just a dislike of hypocrisy and hereditary privilege. Good though that we can express our views without rancour, not many places like that.

Fisherman

Poss he has been tested because he is still doing visits .not that he is privileged. He is privileged, they are all privileged. Even if you worship the Royal family, Follow them wherever they go like a groupie. The one thing we should all agree on is 'They are privelaged'

Minisorella

Ah the politics of envy alive and well. I doubt there's a person in the world who wouldn't accept an enormous pay rise and a nice promotion if it was on offer. How many would say no thank you, I really don't want to be seen to be privileged or wealthy. I also doubt anyone would actually want to change places with any of the royals... they're hamstrung by duty in so many aspects of their under-the-microscope lives and not even allowed to have a moan about whatever government's in power! I'll stick with my pension and continue to thank heaven it's them doing their jobs and not me. Point of order, our nation might be a monarchy but it's also a democracy... the two are not mutually exclusive. Get well soon Charles and let's hope all the rest of his and everyone else's families stay well.

Fisherman

Ah the politics of envy alive and well. I doubt there's a person in the world who wouldn't accept an enormous pay rise and a nice promotion if it was on offer. How many would say no thank you, I really don't want to be seen to be privileged or wealthy. I also doubt anyone would actually want to change places with any of the royals... they're hamstrung by duty in so many aspects of their under-the-microscope lives and not even allowed to have a moan about whatever government's in power! I'll stick with my pension and continue to thank heaven it's them doing their jobs and not me. Point of order, our nation might be a monarchy but it's also a democracy... the two are not mutually exclusive. Get well soon Charles and let's hope all the rest of his and everyone else's families stay well. Sorry but I am not envious of Prince Charles, this has nothing to do with envy. And if someone earned an enormous pay rise, I would like to think that they had both deserved it and earned it...

Minisorella

The politics of envy is well known phrase for this phenomenon Fisherman... .it doesn't mean that anyone is literally envious :) I'm puzzled about the unelected people who are running the country though? I think we're getting into severe danger of being moved to current affairs... yes I know I'm as guilty as anyone. Sorry folks. I'm stepping away from the keyboard now.

runnach

I think we're getting into severe danger of being moved to current affairs... yes I know I'm as guilty as anyone. Sorry folks. I'm stepping away from the keyboard now. Jen, stick these on and just read the text 😷

Fisherman

The politics of envy is well known phrase for this phenomenon Fisherman... .it doesn't mean that anyone is literally envious :) I'm puzzled about the unelected people who are running the country though? I think we're getting into severe danger of being moved to current affairs... yes I know I'm as guilty as anyone. Sorry folks. I'm stepping away from the keyboard now. Well who elected the House of Lords, The Queen, and Dominic Cummings who is hiring and firing people, and who seen to it that our chancellor of the exchequer was replaced. Lets not get into the civil service, we do need them to keep our politicians right. The politics of envy encompasses the belief that people who are envious of those better off than themselves are content to punish them through higher taxation. Their justification for this has nothing to to with equity or fairness, but based solely on their envy for others. This is what Nick Clegg was accused of nick-clegg-politics-of-envy

Fisherman

Jen, stick these on and just read the text 😷 Where’s the paper bag :)

Last edited: