Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

channa

Poss he has been tested because he is still doing visits .not that he is privileged. Nurses and doctors are in contact with the sick everyday and can’t get tested...so privilege it seems does play its part ...nevertheless I wish him a speedy recovery.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Tonybvi

Poss he has been tested because he is still doing visits .not that he is privileged. He’s been tested because he has mild symptoms. Now only a few miles from us in his holiday home!

campervanannie

Charlie has it ,but little wonder the princes engagement ....interesting the privilidged get tested whilst the rest of us plebs left wondering And rightly so the royal family should be tested they meet more people than any of us so their corona virus footprint would be massive.

Last edited:

runnach

And rightly so the royal family should be tested they meet more people than any of us so there corona virus footprint would me massive. I guess me and my colleagues fall into that category too, Annie. Hundreds of students and staff, add visitors within a weekly cycle, none of us have been tested. I posted about her move to Windsor and Phil the Greek move to there from Sandringham, with a link to their statement here is a C&P of last line; "The queen ended it all by addressing her own duty: “You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part.” I wonder what they can possibly do to assist, maybe open their palaces to those in need at this time? Country hemorrhaging money, will they stop taking our taxed money, which can go to those in need??? Nah, they will huckle down and life for them, will not change.

campervanannie

They’re not meeting many now, holed up in their holiday homes. Maybe we should see it as self isolating rather than holed up and maybe instructed by the government to stay in different places so at least one of them survives to take their position othe throne.

mariesnowgoose

So, it's perfectly OK to attack the monarchy and blame them for trying to protect themselves and their families, but not for the rest of us to discuss or criticise the government about what they doing when it comes to the welfare of the rest of us? I see a touch of double standards going on here. Attacking the monarchy IS political, imho, and this thread should go in the sin bin. Just sayin'

Fisherman

Privileged, yes they are. Tested well it seems famous people like the Chelsea manager was tested. Did anyone complain, No. Yes the NHS staff and others should be tested, no argument there. I am no royalist, but I just hope Charles makes a full and speedy recovery. The same way I would wish that on anyone else.

mariesnowgoose

Privileged, yes they are. Tested well it seems famous people like the Chelsea manager was tested. Did anyone complain, No. Yes the NHS staff and others should be tested, no argument there. I am no royalist, but I just hope Charles makes a full and speedy recovery. The same way I would wish that on anyone else. I'm no royalist either, let me make that perfectly clear! I just happen to have an amount of respect for Prince Charles.

channa

So, it's perfectly OK to attack the monarchy and blame them for trying to protect themselves and their families, but not for the rest of us to discuss or criticise the government about what they doing when it comes to the welfare of the rest of us? I see a touch of double standards going on here. Attacking the monarchy IS political, imho, and this thread should go in the sin bin. Just sayin' Rubbish, I posted that Prince Charles had tested positive, thus perhaps indicating to folk it takes no prisoners, I also wished him well. Pointing out front line staff aren’t being routinely tested is a fact and one that needs addressing . I mentioned holiday homes simply because it highlights one rule for one and not for another .....I can’t see where I implied political opinion if that’s the case half the forum would disappear

2cv

So, it's perfectly OK to attack the monarchy and blame them for trying to protect themselves and their families, but not for the rest of us to discuss or criticise the government about what they doing when it comes to the welfare of the rest of us? I see a touch of double standards going on here. Attacking the monarchy IS political, imho, and this thread should go in the sin bin. Just sayin' I see the double standards being telling the plebs to stay home and not use holiday homes or caravans whilst paying for the royals in their private jets to head off to theirs. I also see it as outrageous that a test should be given to a totally unproductive old man and his wife when there are thousands not getting them who really need them and could help with the crisis. Oh, and the royals are supposed to be non political.