Price increases

Fisherman

I was chatting to a dealer today and he informed me that most if not all Motorhome manufacturers are increasing prices. He gave some examples. Roller team £3,500, Pilote £4,000, and he reckons that Rapido are adding £3,000. He stated that the main reason for these rises effective immediately are price increases from Fiat. He stated that supply issues are also creating issues. He also mentioned that the B word was causing some of the supply issues.
But he stated that due to this second hand prices will increase.

a mates son works for a prestige motor dealer bought a bentley back that he had sold 12 months ago paid £1000 more for it than he sold it for, but i’m sure the guy that it was located for paid well over the odds

To put things into perspective just two years ago a Roller Team Pegaso 590 with an auto box would have set you back £62500, now it’s £73400. It’s looking like I will lose little on my van when I trade it in next year. If I sold privately I might even break even. And then that would be for a van over 3 years old. The main reason for high second hand prices is not only the higher prices for new vans. It’s also because trying to get a new van is taking a year or more. The van I want can’t even be ordered till next may, and delivered end 2022 or early 2023. So if you want a van now you have to buy second hand.
Hymer cannot get enough Ducatos, they are asking people who have ordered to accept different models such as Fords. But they are even struggling to get enough of them.

Last edited:
I’ve just had a look on eBay and can’t believe how many Autosleepers there are for sale on there. Over 200. There wasn’t that many a few months ago?

Doesn't look like the increase in demand will drop down anytime soon?

We even had a local woman knock on the door just a month ago asking if we were interested in selling our ancient Autosleeper.

Wanted it for her, the hubby & 2 kids for 'staycation' holidays for them next year as they normally go abroad to Spain or wherever, but had put foreign holidays on the back burner for the foreseeable - like a few other folk, I would imagine?

To put things into perspective just two years ago a Roller Team Pegaso 590 with an auto box would have set you back £62500, now it’s £73400. It’s looking like I will lose little on my van when I trade it in next year. If I sold privately I might even break even. And then that would be for a van over 3 years old. The main reason for high second hand prices is not only the higher prices for new vans. It’s also because trying to get a new van is taking a year or more. The van I want can’t even be ordered till next may, and delivered end 2022 or early 2023. So if you want a van now you have to buy second hand.
Hymer cannot get enough Ducatos, they are asking people who have ordered to accept different models such as Fords. But they are even struggling to get enough of them.
Its all relative though. Unless you are planning to pack in motorhoming and just spend the money its bad news prices going up as generally you upgrade to a better model so that one will have gone up even more than the one you are selling.

I was a bit gobsmacked to learn how much even 25 year old Kontikis like mine were going for but the replacement I am looking at is now £10k more than it was for that year before the pandemic.

ITs like house prices rising. Bad news really.

Its all relative though. Unless you are planning to pack in motorhoming and just spend the money its bad news prices going up as generally you upgrade to a better model so that one will have gone up even more than the one you are selling.

I was a bit gobsmacked to learn how much even 25 year old Kontikis like mine were going for but the replacement I am looking at is now £10k more than it was for that year before the pandemic.

ITs like house prices rising. Bad news really.
I was merely giving info Barry. But we are moving to a smaller van and stand to gain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back